Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 9:04:12 PM EDT

UAE not only wants our major seaports - they want SPACE ports now too:

UAE to get $265 million spaceport

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- A day after Space Adventures announced it was in a venture to develop rocket ships for suborbital flights, the company said Friday it plans to build a $265 million spaceport in the United Arab Emirates.

The commercial spaceport would be based in Ras Al-Khaimah near the southern end of the Persian Gulf, and the UAE government has made an initial investment of $30 million, the Arlington, Virginia-based company said in a statement.

The spaceport announcement comes on the heels of Space Adventures' new partnership with an investment firm founded by major sponsors of the Ansari X Prize to develop rocket ships for suborbital flights.

The agreement between Space Adventures and the Texas-based venture capital firm Prodea would help finance suborbital vehicles being designed and built by the Russian aerospace firm Myasishchev Design Bureau.

RUSSIAN-built space ships, financed by a company in Texas (how convenient), being operating out of the United ARAB Emirates.

Oh that's just lovely.

Hell so how the fuck isn't China and North Korea in on this international orbiting security-clusterfuck too?

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:06:56 AM EDT
[#1]
daybump
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:08:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure it will be awesome until the first islamikazi shows up
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:11:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't expect much of a reply Mac.

Too many folks around here seem to have a new found love & respect for Mohammadans, just as long as they have bushel loads of investment capital to throw around.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:19:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I hate to say this, but the UAE is different than most countries in the Middle East.
I'm short on time, but someone else will be along to explain it better.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:20:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Don't expect much of a reply Mac.

Too many folks around here seem to have a new found love & respect for Mohammadans, just as long as they have bushel loads of investment capital to throw around.

Actually all the crap currently going on makes me seriously question whether Moore actually was able to make a valid point about Bush.

All of this is eerily reminiscent of Clinton's relationship with the ChiComs.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:22:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I hate to say this, but the UAE is different than most countries in the Middle East.

They harbor terrorists, launder terrorist money and bow down to the will of Iran.

Fuck'em. If it's a majority Muslim nation - it's an enemy to the USA , either outright or in sheep's clothes.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top