Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2006 4:58:22 PM EDT
www.scifi.com/disasterzoneny/

Yes, that's right. A volcano. In new york.

Look for this to suck just like every other scifi original picture.

Oh, there's a preview available at the link above.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:53:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Didn't they already do one like this?  Only in L.A.?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:05:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

They had one in LA that was a real hollywood movie, released in theaters and everything.

I guess changing the city makes it an original concept.

New york is really getting screwed. Global warming blizzards, global warming tornados, a hurricane crashing into new york, and now this.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:16:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They had one in LA that was a real hollywood movie, released in theaters and everything.

New york is really getting screwed. Global warming blizzards, global warming tornados, a hurricane crashing into new york, and now this.

Don't forget the earthquake they had there a few months back. And that big lizard in Madison Square Gardens. Oh, and the UFO that hovered over the Empire State building before it tossed down an Alien Destructo Beam. I think there were killer mutating bugs in the sewers as well. Geez, with a list like that...no wonder NYC is a shithole!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:18:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:49:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I wish Sci-Fi Channel would get a clue. We want quality sci-fi, not the crapola they've been putting out. I NEVER watch them on the weekend; it's either "original" crapola, or reruns of "original" monster flicks.

BSG, SG-1 and Atlantis is all I watch on that channel; the rest sucks.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:17:39 PM EDT
[#7]
bump.

this turd is on now.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:21:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You forgot getting hit by meteorites. Armageddon is on TNT.

Earlier today, NYC got hit by an earthquake in some movie.

The WTC survived both movies.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:22:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Now this would make a good series, screw the 5 crappy movies a year, make one good one play it all the time. http://www.tacticalunderground.us/journal1.htm
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:33:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Well, who is going to watch a disaster film about the destruction of Blanchester, Ohio?

Where, you say?  Exactly.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't forget the earthquake they had there a few months back. And that big lizard in Madison Square Gardens. Oh, and the UFO that hovered over the Empire State building before it tossed down an Alien Destructo Beam. I think there were killer mutating bugs in the sewers as well. Geez, with a list like that...no wonder NYC is a shithole!

Dont forget the terrorists!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:39:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I watched maybe 5 minutes of this great movie and saw so many tired stereotypes it's not even funny.

There's the male / female lead that meet up as a requirement of the disaster that had a previous relationship (twister, independence day, 10.5, category 7 or whatever the last tornado movie was called). Then there's the greedy business man who is causing the disaster. And of course, the "gee, something that never should happen here just happened here. Let's stay around and act like it was routine".

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#13]
CYLONS IN NEW YORK!!!

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:12:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Its more "gee whiz" for them to show landmarks and buildings in a major city being destroyed that more people would recognize  than, say, death and destruction raining down on Main St Podunk.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:14:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dont forget the terrorists!

Let's not forget the giant alligator in the sewer system.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:16:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Manticore.  

G
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#17]
These people cancelled Farscape.

What do you expect?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top