Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 4:40:36 PM EDT
I'm sure you've all seen the stories about it.  
How is it that anyone, much less Bush could support this?

Originally posted by Deej86

[sgtar15]discuss[/sgtar15]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:44:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Foreign governments taking over our ports.

Wide-open southern border.

Politically correct BS.

Zero-tolerance BS.

I tell ya, "we" are killing ourselves.

"we" = politicians.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:46:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I tell ya, "we" are killing ourselves.

Amen.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:50:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I couldn't agree more.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:51:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, dupe first of all.

And, it shouldn't matter anyway! MONEY is what makes the world go round. Even if employees of this shipping company in the UAE had some nutty cousins or something, they're not going to hurt themselves where it counts---the pocketbook. SO all the fundamentalist relatives will be bottled up at home, and kept away from the golden goose. All this crap about worrying about the nationality of corporations is pointless. GREED is the universal language and culture.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:56:42 PM EDT
[#5]

So instead of bitching about what "they" are doing, why don't you beat them at the game and go make a few bazillion dollars.

Or is it just easier to complain?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#6]
So your betting that greed outweighs their hate.  All they have to do is let one ship in they shouldn't and this entire country could be destroyed.  Not worth the risk if you ask me.  Think of the Port authority police dept in NYC.  They lost 37 brothers on 9/11.  The terrorists lived in the US for months, visiting strip clubs, drinking it up, living GREAT lives before they attacked us.  But they did.  Religious fanatics could care less about money. Again.  Not worth the risk.  It's not like the UAE needs the money anyway.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't believe the UAE company is replacing Customs inspectors and Coast Guard. Once that happens, then you can worry about what ships start bringing in.

NTM
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:26:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I don't believe the UAE company is replacing Customs inspectors and Coast Guard. Once that happens, then you can worry about what ships start bringing in.

NTM

USC and USCG can't watch and catch everything.

Then again, they can't do that now, either.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:26:58 PM EDT
[#9]
What a mess.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:50:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Well! That's it!

JIMMY CARTER SUPPORTS THE PRESIDENT'S POSITION ON PORTS!

If there was EVER a sign that selling the ports to these people is the WRONG thing to do, THAT would be it.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:54:16 AM EDT
[#11]
what could possably go wrong?

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:54:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Another black eye for the administration. Lame duck status has all but been ensured.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:57:41 AM EDT
[#13]

FWIW:  Foreigners already have the job, its going to different foreigners (at least so says FOX).

But its the British who are currently doing the job and I'd rather have them than the UAE.  

Why can't an American company do this job?  Everyone wants to know.   Maybe the answer is simple -- maybe there is no company adequate enough.  I just believe that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top