Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 4:19:14 PM EDT
He is here in Colorado for a day or two.  A bunch of helicopters just landed down at Inverness in Englewood, Colorado.

ETA: Walking distance.  We got pretty much as close as we thought would be prudent and sure enough some folks came along moments later to make sure it stayed that way.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:31:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Yea, I got to watch AirForce 1 land a few years back at my place of work, very cool.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:32:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:33:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yea, I got to watch AirForce 1 land a few years back at my place of work, very cool.

It was all helicopters.  I am sure one was Marine 1 (I understand Marine 1 is one of several similar or identical helicopters and the designation kicks in when he is on board but I might not understand that right.  What I mean is it was one of those types with that paintjob that gets used for the President).  It was around dusk but from the paintjob I would say it was one of the HSX choppers.
They were close.  Like, I could have hit one with a baseball [not that I would ever even consider anything of the kind].  So cool.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:37:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Do you have any Taggart TransCon execs there too?

I think that's from Atlas Shrugged but I don't understand what it means.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:53:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By/ PanzerOfDoom:

I got to see AF1 on final on 9/11/01 heading into Offutt. Those boys wern't taking it easy going in either.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:03:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Originally Posted By/ PanzerOfDoom:

I got to see AF1 on final on 9/11/01 heading into Offutt. Those boys wern't taking it easy going in either.

I watched the president board AF1 on 9/11 @ Sarasota, Fl Airport then watch AF1 Takeoff. That big ole 747 can climb on out when they want it to. The Pres was speaking at a local school when the attacks occurred. The plane was very visable from a side street and it was lit up with flood lights the previous night . Very cool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top