Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2006 4:05:44 PM EDT
She's absolutely gorgeous (there are pics in the team forum somewhere), but she wants an eye-job for her 40th birthday coming up. She already looks ten years younger than she is, and she's ten years younger than me. Damnation, I'm going to look like I'm dating my granddaughter instead of just my daughter. I already get dirty looks from other women when we're together...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:06:53 PM EDT
[#2]
What the hell is an eye-job?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:12:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I didnt think she was pushing 40.

She's got great skin and no gray hair. She gets carded all the time.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:15:18 PM EDT
[#5]
My brothers gf just bought big C/small d cups.  She's only 18
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:15:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

It's like a boob-job except they put in bigger eyeballs.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:15:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I just don't get it.  She's hot, at least on the outside.  And I assume her character is at least more substantial than what's in a can of spaghettios.  

What does she think is so wrong with her that a little tuck-and-roll job is going to fix?

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:20:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok rodent it's official you have to talk her out of this. That there woman is very attractive as is.
Why mess with a good thing??
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I just don't get it.  She's hot, at least on the outside.  And I assume her character is at least more substantial than what's in a can of spaghettios.

She must have a serious character flaw or she wouldn't be reduced to hanging out with me, but I haven't found it yet.

She's very careful about how she looks and taking care of herself. She doesn't need this at all.

She knows someone who had one and looks better. I think her mother may have had her eyes done, too, but I don't know for sure. According to her, it's best done BEFORE the wrinkles start, as a preventative measure.

I don't really mind that people will think I'm dating my granddaughter, I'm just paranoid that something will go wrong.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:23:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's like a boob-job except they put in bigger eyeballs.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:23:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

What does she think is so wrong with her that a little tuck-and-roll job is going to fix?

www.engramma.it/engramma_v4/rivista/pm/27/img/all_is_vanity.jpg

that pic... is freaking AWESOME.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:12:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Rodent,

I know how women can get, but if you and her are looking at a future together.

You need to ask her what would be the point, if you are happy with her looks,

then what the hell.

Taking care of yourself is fine, but the humane experience is so much more than looks.

I've been with my wife for 29 years and we have gone way past "eye jobs"

I like being around people that are comfortable in their own skin.

GM
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:25:37 PM EDT
[#13]
GM, I've been trying to talk her out of it since she first brought it up, but she went and made the appointment today.

It's not like she lacks self-confidence, she just has her heart set on doing this.

She's not nervous about it at all, but I am.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:04:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
She's absolutely gorgeous (there are pics in the team forum somewhere), but she wants an eye-job for her 40th birthday coming up. She already looks ten years younger than she is, and she's ten years younger than me. Damnation, I'm going to look like I'm dating my granddaughter instead of just my daughter. I already get dirty looks from other women when we're together...

Wait a minute-is this the woman with the strawberry blonde, shoulder-length hair, whose pic has graced the Team Forum with the little boy sleeping in her lap? She's gorgeous. She wants an eye-job? Say what? I don't understand, either...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:27:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She must have a serious character flaw or she wouldn't be reduced to hanging out with me, but I haven't found it yet.

Well, just hope it's not her *eyesight* that improves!  

She's very careful about how she looks and taking care of herself. She doesn't need this at all.

She knows someone who had one and looks better. I think her mother may have had her eyes done, too, but I don't know for sure. According to her, it's best done BEFORE the wrinkles start, as a preventative measure.

I don't really mind that people will think I'm dating my granddaughter, I'm just paranoid that something will go wrong.

I'm sure these procedures are pretty routine.  I guess you can't fault her for wanting to take care of herself.  My experience has been that otherwise *normal* women who do this, do it for themselves or for other women, not for the men in their lives.

You're safe, so far.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:46:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Wait a minute-is this the woman with the strawberry blonde, shoulder-length hair, whose pic has graced the Team Forum with the little boy sleeping in her lap? She's gorgeous. She wants an eye-job? Say what? I don't understand, either...

When you figure it out, let me know.

I told her that if the doc screws it up, I'll keep her - but she'll have to wear a burkha.

She'll have black eyes for a couple weeks. At least they can't be blamed on me this time...  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Eb's fine how she is.  Don't let her do it.

+1.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:53:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I'd still like to know what exactly an "eye-job" entails.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:53:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When you figure it out, let me know.

I told her that if the doc screws it up, I'll keep her - but she'll have to wear a burkha.

She'll have black eyes for a couple weeks. At least they can't be blamed on me this time...  

Say what? No, wait- I don'wanna know.....
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:54:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Sharp objects near eyes?  No way!

She's already a gorgeous woman.  But I guess if it makes her happy, you'll support her, right?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:56:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
GM, I've been trying to talk her out of it since she first brought it up, but she went and made the appointment today.

It's not like she lacks self-confidence, she just has her heart set on doing this.

She's not nervous about it at all, but I am.

Everyone I've ever seen who's had an eye-job ends up looking like they had one.

Don't do it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:56:31 PM EDT
[#22]
I do remember seeing a picture of her, classic beauty like that is difficult to come by, you're a lucky guy.

What exactly is an eye-job? It sounds like its just work around the skin of the eyes to keep wrinkles from forming... if there wasn't an inherent risk in any surgery I'd say let her do it (well, encourage) if it makes her feel better about herself, it's not like she's looking for some major enhancement.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:58:04 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I'd still like to know what exactly an "eye-job" entails.

They cut inside the bottom eyelid and suck out subcutaneous fat.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:00:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Eb's fine how she is.  Don't let her do it.

What can I do, tie her down?

Hmmm...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top