Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2001 12:02:42 PM EDT
Do you delete your threads after you post a question and get the answers your looking for?

I delete mine after;

A) the question is answered

B) I see that the discussion has reached it's end and there has been no more posts for a day or so.

How about the rest of you. I notice there are a hell of a lot of inactive threads here. No point, just an observation.

Link Posted: 8/12/2001 12:07:42 PM EDT
[#1]
How does one delete a thread ???
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 12:15:28 PM EDT
[#2]
In my opinion, deleting a post after "the question has been answered" is counterproductive to one of the best uses/features of a good BB like this one. What if someone else wants to know the same thing? Searching these boards is a wealth of info because that info is LEFT THERE for all. Consider leaving your topics up. I may have a question you have already askd. Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 12:26:07 PM EDT
[#3]
FiveO, That is an excellent point that I really didn't consider until after I had posted this thread. It's not meant to be selfish I just didn't count on anyone having the same questions as I have, dumb. From now on I'll give it a little more thought before I delete a thread.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 12:27:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How does one delete a thread ???
View Quote

If your logged in, just click on the trash can icon.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I delete threads that have run their course and are of no special signifigance.

If they "useful" I leave them.

And you delete a thread by going to the original post and clicking on the trash can. You can only delete your own threads and not those of trolls(damn).

A quick way to do this is by a search for your own username.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 12:58:19 PM EDT
[#6]
If the question and answer are "useless" maybe they should not have posted in the first place. I search these forums quite extensively for info and I bet what others may think is now useless has some value to someone else.  The many forums to which I belong consider their "archives" as their reason for existing. My comments are not meant to offend those that wish to delete "their' TOPICS but to merely point the value of having archives of info.  Mike in OR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top