Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 10:23:34 AM EDT
It looks better then it did when I bought it.  Brand new.  Had the revolver since 91 and blue was about completely gone from my acid sweat.

$50 is all they charged and they also replaced some parts that didn't need replacing.

patsue
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:10:38 AM EDT
[#1]
PICTURES?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:13:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep.. this thread is worthless without pictures...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:38:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, I thought about pictures, but it just looks like a brand new Bisley.

My camera foo isn't very good but I will try.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:56:34 AM EDT
[#4]
How long was the turn around?

I need to send them my Vaquero.  The case coloring is coming off.  :(  Common problem with the early guns.  But, I don't quite feel like messing with both the shipping hassles, and then having my gun gone for XXXX months.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:57:39 AM EDT
[#5]
How does the billing work when you send guns into the manufacture?

Do they just send you a bill?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:08:12 PM EDT
[#6]
My Single Six could use some work.  I'd like to have it accurized.  Think they could do that or is that gunsmith project?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:13:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My Single Six could use some work.  I'd like to have it accurized.  Think they could do that or is that gunsmith project?

Accurized?  I am not sure what you might mean by that, but the Ruger factory will only install OEM and unmodified fire control parts.  Even if you have nice springs and a fine trigger job, you will get your gun back with new OEM parts, along with your modified parts in a small plastic bag.  I am sure you can do the math on any 'accurizing' from Ruger based on this info.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:03:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How does the billing work when you send guns into the manufacture?

Do they just send you a bill?

I sent them the gun and about a week later I got a bill with the cost.  I called them and paid it with a credit card so they could start the work.  Then it was about 2 weeks before I got it back today.  

It was a pretty smooth deal.

I will try to get pics up shortly.

Got company coming for supper so may not have time.

patsue
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:07:23 PM EDT
[#9]
DON'T send your single six! When I called to have a .22 cylinder fitted to match the .22 mag they said since it was a older model they are required to install a frame safety. I just kept the firearm and live with the mag cylinder.

Omni
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:47:40 PM EDT
[#10]
They didn't install one on mine...

patsue
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:49:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
DON'T send your single six! When I called to have a .22 cylinder fitted to match the .22 mag they said since it was a older model they are required to install a frame safety. I just kept the firearm and live with the mag cylinder.

Omni

What's a "frame safety"?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:11:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Omni

What's a "frame safety"?

Probably referring to this..........
www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/PDF/safety_offer_ad.pdf

And patsue's is a Bisley, so it doesn't apply.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:15:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Omni

Do you mean the transfer bar retrofit they offer for old 3 screw models? Or the new key lock crap they have on the grip frames now?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:23:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I took Ruger up on that offer years ago with my old 3 screw .357 blackhawk.  They sent it back with the new parts installed and the old parts in a bag in the box.  The new parts gave it a horrendous trigger pull and I removed them and reinstalled the original parts.  Fortunately no modifications were made to the frame and the old parts fit back in fine.  I wouldn't do it unless they're still returning the old parts.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#15]
If your going to send an Old Model in for the conversion remove and keep your parts.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:03:50 PM EDT
[#16]
It was a few years ago when I called them. I was informed that if it showed up at the shop it was not allowed to leave without the safety and that it was a permanent modification to the frame. No big sweat since I chose to keep it as OEM as possible, except it is expensive to shoot .22 mag in volume.

Omni
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:39:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Not the greatest pics, but it looks like a new gun compared to what it was with all the holster wear and the back strap of the grip frame completely in the white from my hands wearing all the blue off.

I can't see any buffer marks and the corners and edges are still sharp as they were when I sent it in.

patsue
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:45:40 PM EDT
[#18]
That's  a nice gun!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:01:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah, I like it alot.

It is the handgun I have owned the longest.  Many have come and go but this one for some reason has stood the test of time and my impulsive gun behavior so far.

I think it is a keeper

patsue
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top