Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 9:54:21 AM EDT
Did any of you have BAD sibling rivalry? I've never seen anything like how my fiance and her sister act around each other.

Long story short, I just received a phone call from the hospital. My fiance is in the hospital getting 15 stitches on her chin because her sister slammed her in the face with an acoustic guitar.

What a way to start the family Disney vacation eh?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:57:18 AM EDT
[#1]
how old are they?
no rivarly between my brother and me.10 years apart
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:58:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never seen anything like how my fiance and her sister act around each other.

Got pics? Video?

Sisters........

HS1
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:58:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Nope and your fiances sister should be jail for DV.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:59:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Not rivalry - I just can't stand my brother, and haven't spoken to him in decades.

It does tickle my schadenfreude-bone though, that he was always the "good" kid (and an intolerable asshole towards me), and I was always the fuck-up, and NOW I'm a former military officer from the most prestigious regiment in my country, have a Ph.D., a gorgeous wife, and a career that is going pretty well so far.  (knock on wood).

He, on the other hand, weasled out of military service by getting a doctor to falsify records, got dumped by him wife (who told him that he made her a lesbian) and has been fired from about five different jobs.   Recently, he was working the night shift at a factory, despite his master's degree in engineering.  

Ahh - that made me giggle, just typing that.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:02:22 AM EDT
[#5]
My older brother is almost exactly 2 1/2 years older than me, and I usually hate his guts, but not enough to slam him in the face with an acoustic guitar.

That'd ruin the guitar without causing him enough pain. It'd need to be a solid-body electric, preferably a bass for the extra leverage.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:04:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Nope. Me and my brother used to have the usual rivalry way back when, but now that we're moved out we get along like friends.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:06:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:08:54 AM EDT
[#8]
with one brother in law school, the other in med school, and me wanting to join the military. nahhhh, all of us are compared to eachother in everything that we do.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:12:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, let it suffice to say that I post occasionally on here. The one brother who I used to have arguments with (when he was still talking to me) posts on Duh.

NMSight
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:13:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Couldn't stand my little sister when we were growing up.  She was the baby of the family, always got her way, always got me in trouble, in any disagreement my parents always took her side, etc, etc.  

Now we are very close.

My older brother was okay, no problems with him but he is four years older than me.

My older sister (3 years older) made my life a living hell growing up.  She didn't know or use my first name until we both grew up.  Growing up I was asshole, idiot, stupid, spazz; whatever her name of the day was for me.  She's okay now, very much a flake though, and I have a hard time forgetting.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:39:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Alright, I have more information to the story that I've received.

The guitar knocked her out cold, and when the cops arrived, she wasn't fully conscious or aware of the situation. The sister told the police that it was an accident that they were screwing around etc.

My fiance tells me that she picked the guitar up and swung it at her face deliberately. Now, since the sister told the police that it was an accident, no arrest was made, no charges etc.

Is it too late?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:42:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The guitar knocked her out cold, and when the cops arrived, she wasn't fully conscious or aware of the situation. The sister told the police that it was an accident that they were screwing around etc.

My fiance tells me that she picked the guitar up and swung it at her face deliberately. Now, since the sister told the police that it was an accident, no arrest was made, no charges etc.

Is it too late?

Not too late at all, I think.

Have her go to the police station and ask about pressing charges.  That's some serious assault - and her sister's statement is no different from an abusive husband telling the cops that his wife walked into a door.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:44:38 AM EDT
[#13]
I wouldnt think so, might even add on charges for a false report.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:45:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Is it too late?

What did your finace tell the police?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:51:39 AM EDT
[#15]
My brother is 3 and a half years older than me but we never got in any real fights.  He usually slapped me around or threw an occasional punch like when we were in the car, but it was never anything serious.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:57:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Is this an isolated incident?  Remember the Golden Rule: Don't invite the Man into your life unless absolutely necessary.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:59:43 AM EDT
[#17]
I'd be on the losing side if there was a rivalry. Both my brothers started up small businesses that are worth into seven figures, and I'm just a (comfortable) wage slave.

We had all the usual scuffles growing up.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:09:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

She said she didn't say anything, it hurt too much to move her jaw
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:20:52 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She said she didn't say anything, it hurt too much to move her jaw

Your fiance could have been freaking killed if she'd been hit in the right spot, seeing as though it was hard enough to knock her out cold. Get the cops on the sister's ass ASAP! And get a restraining order.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:21:16 AM EDT
[#20]
I will echo the thought of do not involve the PoPo here.  I damn near slugged one brother last I saw him and I share a house with the other.  My sister and I have learned to tolerate each other.  Assault/DV charges are nothing to be undertaken on something petty.  Yes I would call stitches petty unless it were directly accross the face.  Get distance from the sister and forget her invite to the wedding.  If you are going to file charges may as well see about a restraining order too.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:25:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Thank God, even if the "inclusive", "diversity", "one-worlders" get their way, there will always be sibling rivalry to stir the pot.  They will have to go artificial and institutional to solve that.  By that time suicide will seem pleasant.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:28:28 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I will echo the thought of do not involve the PoPo here.  I damn near slugged one brother last I saw him and I share a house with the other.  My sister and I have learned to tolerate each other.  Assault/DV charges are nothing to be undertaken on something petty.  Yes I would call stitches petty unless it were directly accross the face.  Get distance from the sister and forget her invite to the wedding.  If you are going to file charges may as well see about a restraining order too.  

Right so bludgeoning somebody with a large blunt object and disfiguring their face is petty.

We're not talking about a slap on the side of the face. She could have been killed.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:35:24 AM EDT
[#23]
at a family gathering one time ( yes lots of drinking ) my brother ( hes 33 im 23 )decided he wanted to wrestle or whatever. after i did a take down... he then recieved a rear-naked choke ( ok, those non jiu jitsu minds insert clever joke here )   until his face was purple. when doing this i also hook my legs in pulling upwards to stretch your spine out so bad youd be the chiropractors best customer. my sister had to break it up while my family was saying "come on ken, youre not going to let your little brother beat ya up are ya??"

everytime he gets cocky i remind him our sister isnt there to save his ass. shuts him up quick.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:08:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Well, if it's any consolation, if you and your fiancé ever break up (or get married and divorce), her sister should be the easiest lay of your entire life.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:09:47 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
My older brother and I used to 'wishbone' our younger brother against a tree when he got us in trouble.

He has kids now, so, I guess it was all in good fun.  

TRG

No harm done, apparently.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:10:47 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
at a family gathering one time ( yes lots of drinking ) my brother ( hes 33 im 23 )decided he wanted to wrestle or whatever. after i did a take down... he then recieved a rear-naked choke ( ok, those non jiu jitsu minds insert clever joke here )   until his face was purple. when doing this i also hook my legs in pulling upwards to stretch your spine out so bad youd be the chiropractors best customer. my sister had to break it up while my family was saying "come on ken, youre not going to let your little brother beat ya up are ya??"

everytime he gets cocky i remind him our sister isnt there to save his ass. shuts him up quick.

Is your brother's name Frank Trigg?

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:37:48 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I don't think 15 stitches is petty.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:39:28 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Hitting someone hard enough to open up their scalp and knock them unconscious is NOT petty - that is a violent assault.

Between 12 year-old kids perhaps, it could be considered a rambunctious accident, but NOT for adults!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:49:58 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Hitting someone hard enough to open up their scalp and knock them unconscious is NOT petty - that is a violent assault.

Between 12 year-old kids perhaps, it could be considered a rambunctious accident, but NOT for adults!!

I've had stitches on a few occasions and brothers who are 6 and 8 years older than I.  For most of my younger years I was outmatched physically not the case now.  But we still knocked the crap out of each other more times than I or we can count.  That said noone called the cops to sort out our problems.  Short of a scar for life not worth ruining said siblings life short or poissibly long term with felony charges.  Siblings fight that happens, said bitch needs some serious anger management though hitting someone with a guitar, and they need to put distance between them and the sister.  For te most part we had an outlet, boxing and kickboxing to release some aggression it also taught us control that was needed so noone swung a guitar.    
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:03:53 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I've had stitches on a few occasions and brothers who are 6 and 8 years older than I.  For most of my younger years I was outmatched physically not the case now.  But we still knocked the crap out of each other more times than I or we can count.  That said noone called the cops to sort out our problems.  Short of a scar for life not worth ruining said siblings life short or poissibly long term with felony charges.  Siblings fight that happens, said bitch needs some serious anger management though hitting someone with a guitar, and they need to put distance between them and the sister.  For te most part we had an outlet, boxing and kickboxing to release some aggression it also taught us control that was needed so noone swung a guitar.    

The best "anger management therapy" is having your ass handed [back] to you.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:14:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Well, we just got back from the hospital, 14 stitches total on the right side of her jaw. I'll get some pics later. 2 stitches under the skin, 12 outside the skin. Oooh it's nasty... poor baby girl

She nearly cut off circulation to my hand when she held it while they were numbing her mouth for stitching...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top