Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/20/2006 9:05:24 AM EDT
The blitz is on for a woman president in 2008.

In the last week or two there have been loads of news reports done on a woman president: from reports on the Commander In Chief TV show, to different picks in who may be nominated, to Hillary Clinton/Bill Clinton propanganda, and others.

Are you a believer?

I don't believe it is time for a woman president.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:06:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Then i saw her face...

well, im not a believer
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:06:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I would be OK with Condi but Hillary makes me want to vomit.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:07:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:07:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I vote for the person regardless of gender or color.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:10:34 AM EDT
[#5]
How quick can we make Margaret Thatcher a US citizen????
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:12:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I think that whichever party puts a woman #1 on their Presidential ticket will suffer the a landslide defeat. I'm being realistic- I'd personally be very comfortable with Condi as President.

Plus if you think the Kerry/Purple Heart thing was bad... wait until Hillary steps up to the plate...

I can almost guarantee Hillary will never be President... (almost)
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:13:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

In the last week or two there have been loads of news reports done on a woman president: from reports on the Commander In Chief TV show, to different picks in who may be nominated, to Hillary Clinton/Bill Clinton propanganda, and others.

Are you a believer?

I dunno...somehow the thought of Bill Clinton wearing a Blue Dress flanked by Hillary on the Left wearing a Black SS Uniform and Janet "Call me Butch" Reno on his Right with a whip in hand...gives me the chills..
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:14:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I believe we are headed for an imminent economic collapse and WWIII. 10-20 years and it ain't going to matter who is President. In fact, I would say it is just about inevitable at this point.

Might even be a Civil War on top of it when people realize just how badly the gov't has flushed this country.

If Hildebeast is elected this country is in big trouble and I would expect it all to be sooner and worse.

I have been clear in the past that I don't vote for women for dogcatcher much less President.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:17:59 AM EDT
[#9]
im not totally against a female president. but..

in the middle east they dont seem to like us here in the US so... i think theyd really step up the attacks if the US was occupying their country, while under the control of a FEMALE president. they dont seem to like women over there...  seems they prefer young boys... sorry had to

and i DEFINANTLY dont want Hitlery as president.  i mean Hillary
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:22:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I don't vote based upon the candidate's sex.  

No doubt.  If the better candidate's a woman, so be it.  Looking at the sorry history of Democrat nominees, any woman for president I'd vote for would probably also be Republican.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:22:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Why not?  Women can do the job just as well as any man (as long as it's not that cunt Hillary Clinton or any other liberal).  Personally, I think we are ready for a woman in the White House.  Or what about any other minority?  I would have voted for Powell.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:23:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I believe we are headed for an imminent economic collapse and WWIII. 10-20 years and it ain't going to matter who is President. In fact, I would say it is just about inevitable at this point.

Might even be a Civil War on top of it when people realize just how badly the gov't has flushed this country.

If Hildebeast is elected this country is in big trouble and I would expect it all to be sooner and worse.

I have been clear in the past that I don't vote for women for dogcatcher much less President.  YMMV.

The sky is not falling.

We are the richest most powerful we have ever been, by a huge margin. Remember most of the media makes money only if everyone's afraid. Plus most of the press are stupid enough to believe there own nonsense. Look at any scientific measure of success and America is kicking ass all over the place. Keep the faith man, and remember all our big problems are simply a question of educating the ignorant.

As was said before, the decision for whom to lead the free world should be made based on qualifications, not arbitrary shit like race and color.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:23:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Depends on the person, a sh*tty politician  comes in male and female versions and vice versa.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:25:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Here is a little linear thinking.

1.  Islam thinks women should stay in the background and not lead countries.

2.  The Left in the US wants to appease Islam and "not make them mad" at us.

3.  Electing Hitlery as our President would certainly inflame Islam as much as, if not more than, publishing cartoons of Muhammed did.

SO. . . .To be honest to their principles (LOL!!!!!!!!), the Left should refrain from nominating or electing Hitlery for President.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:26:39 AM EDT
[#15]
The only thing im a believer in is that the U.S. news media will do- say- anything to get that C-U-NEXT -TUESDAY Hilldary elected PREZ.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:27:23 AM EDT
[#16]
I'd be a hell of a lot happier with a woman like Barbara Dole, Ann Coulter or Condi than I would a man like Kerry, Schumer, Kennedy or McCain.

It ain't what's in their pants, it's what's in their head and heart that counts.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:28:42 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Why not?  Women can do the job just as well as any man

they can, but from my personal experience, most choose not to.  almost every women i've seen in a position of power has abused that power to the fullest extent.  this has just been my own little observation...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:29:51 AM EDT
[#18]
No contenders are currently on the roster.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:32:02 AM EDT
[#19]
It's BS to say "it's time for a woman president!"

We need a good president.  Whether or not it's a woman is completely unimportant.  The only time it's time for a woman president is when the best choice happens to be a woman.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:34:25 AM EDT
[#20]
You need to add another option.  I would vote for a woman, but not for Hillary Clinton.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:38:06 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The sky is not falling.

We are the richest most powerful we have ever been, by a huge margin. Remember most of the media makes money only if everyone's afraid. Plus most of the press are stupid enough to believe there own nonsense. Look at any scientific measure of success and America is kicking ass all over the place. Keep the faith man, and remember all our big problems are simply a question of educating the ignorant.

As was said before, the decision for whom to lead the free world should be made based on qualifications, not arbitrary shit like race and color.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
You can't be serious! 'Simply a question of educating the ignorant'
The problem is, a great number of the ignorant don't WANT to be educated.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:38:45 AM EDT
[#22]
If every one of my girlfriends is any indicator... If there is a women President, we will be in a world war within 87 days. Then we will get into a fight with our allies. Then we will turn one against the other, but still be be "friends" with both, but tell the other we are on their side. Then we start crying when things are not going our way.

Oh yea, D.C. will be remodeled ever other year, just because...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:40:11 AM EDT
[#23]
I’m happy with a President who is a woman, but I sure don’t want a “Woman President.” There’s a difference.

If a qualified woman wins on her merits then that’s fine but the last thing we need right now is a gimmick presidency.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:45:05 AM EDT
[#24]
The women that are being pushed as the potential female candidates for 2008 are not the right people for the job.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:51:32 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The sky is not falling.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
You can't be serious! 'Simply a question of educating the ignorant'
The problem is, a great number of the ignorant don't WANT to be educated.

True - but he did say "big" problems.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:51:52 AM EDT
[#26]
I have no problem with a woman POTUS but I know it won't be Hilary. The Dems know someone with a 50% hate rate will not win an election.

They want someone who is fairly unknown.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:57:17 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The sky is not falling.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:01:39 AM EDT
[#28]
First off, Hitlery Clinton as potus would be utter turmoil and chaos.  Any woman would.  

Do you think Clinton is post menopausal?  Who knows, she is ape shit crazy reguardless.  Any person that has irrational mood swings should be eliminated as a possible canidate whether those mood swings are natural or not.  Women are just to unstable to be president.

I don't care if I sound like a misogynist.  I am just being pragmatic.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:30:41 AM EDT
[#29]
NO, NO, AND DOUBLE NO

it would be stupid to put the fate of the country in the hands of a gender that operates mostly on emotion as opposed to logic.

Woman president? - "I think of a man, and then I take away reason and logic"

Flame away

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:55:36 AM EDT
[#30]
This country has already been feminized.

Isa 3:12 [As for] my people, children [are] their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause [thee] to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.

We used to have a Secretary of War.  We used to win wars.  Now we don't.

We used to paddle the behinds of those who misbehaved in schoools.  Now we fear the children.  (GASP!  They might call HRS and get YOU thrown in jail for paddling their behinds!)

These are but two examples of feminization.

Women are intelligent, highly capable creatures.  They are not inferior to men.  But, they deal with situations in a completely different manner.  Women have a softer side which should, by all means, temper the harder aspect of the masculine nature.

They are not however, leaders of men.  They were not designed to be so by their Creator.

Of course, like the majority of people, the majority of posters on this thread have been programmed otherwise.

Society suffers as a result.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:59:05 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The sky is not falling.

www.uwm.edu/People/danielz/Roman%20Empire%20Scavenger%20Hunt_files/image004.jpg

You DO know how long the roman empire lasted, right?

Everything comes to an end, but I imagine the U.S. might still have a good 100 years left, and possibly much, much longer than that.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:00:18 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I vote for the person regardless of gender or color.

+1
I'll be voting for the best candidate.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:03:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Sorry, but the answers to your poll do not match the question.

Will a woman be elected? Eventually.

Is it time? Who knows? I can't think of a single problem in America right now that can only be resolved by a woman, so the "is it time" question is not applicable.

I'd vote for Condi in a heartbeat. I wouldn't vote for Hillary in a million years.

ETA: Damn. I wasted post #24K on THIS crap?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:04:10 AM EDT
[#34]
With the next 3 elections but not 08.  Woman or Minority.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:07:20 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The sky is not falling.

www.uwm.edu/People/danielz/Roman%20Empire%20Scavenger%20Hunt_files/image004.jpg

You DO know how long the roman empire lasted, right?

Everything comes to an end, but I imagine the U.S. might still have a good 100 years left, and possibly much, much longer than that.

Yep.
I'm just saying DKprof, everything that goes up, must come down.
And, one could make a case, that things do not last as long these days because of the technology and inter-connectedness of the world.
One could say they speed up historical forces.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:13:34 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
NO, NO, AND DOUBLE NO

it would be stupid to put the fate of the country in the hands of a gender that operates mostly on emotion as opposed to logic.

Flame away

Wasn't this a quote from Jack N. in a movie where a woman asked him how he understood women so well?

Also add that the main interest of women is getting money from men.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:14:20 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Are you a believer?

I'd vote for Condi!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:22:38 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I think that whichever party puts a woman #1 on their Presidential ticket will suffer the a landslide defeat. I'm being realistic- I'd personally be very comfortable with Condi as President.

Plus if you think the Kerry/Purple Heart thing was bad... wait until Hillary steps up to the plate...

I can almost guarantee Hillary will never be President... (almost)

Well, at least you said "almost"...... you're obviously discounting the veracity of claims that her true race of Reptilian aliens will install her by force as Obsolute Overlord of this petty star system.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:25:04 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Why limit your/our options?  It's not like the present set of usual suspects is looking or working out so well........
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:27:37 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
It's BS to say "it's time for a woman president!"

We need a good president.  Whether or not it's a woman is completely unimportant.  The only time it's time for a woman president is when the best choice happens to be a woman.

Yup.  Well said.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:28:19 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
The women that are being pushed as the potential female candidates for 2008 are not the right people for the job.

Who is (male and/or female)?

None of the crop looks particularly bumper.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:31:29 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Isa 3:12 [As for] my people, children [are] their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause [thee] to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.

We used to paddle the behinds of those who misbehaved in schoools.  Now we fear the children.  (GASP!  They might call HRS and get YOU thrown in jail for paddling their behinds!)

Women are intelligent, highly capable creatures.  They are not inferior to men.  But, they deal with situations in a completely different manner.  Women have a softer side which should, by all means, temper the harder aspect of the masculine nature.

They are not however, leaders of men.  They were not designed to be so by their Creator.

Of course, like the majority of people, the majority of posters on this thread have been programmed otherwise.

The characteristics of successful leaders are gender-independent.

IOW, successful male and female leaders all share the same set of core characteristics.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:33:04 AM EDT
[#43]
If they can do a good job and not be swayed by politics,I don't care if they are man or woman.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:36:00 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
NO, NO, AND DOUBLE NO

Flame away

Wasn't this a quote from Jack N. in a movie where a woman asked him how he understood women so well?

Also add that the main interest of women is getting money from men.

Assuming this were true, then wouldn't that be a *good* thing, by and large?

Domestically, probably not (there is an inverse relationship between alimony rates and arfcom Team Membership).  But in terms of "gimme" money to foreign countries?  A female president could say, with a flair of double entendre: "Either play by our rules, or get off the fucking teat!"
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:48:21 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The characteristics of successful leaders are gender-independent.

IOW, successful male and female leaders all share the same set of core characteristics.

Women can be great leaders of women.

You will not find a MAN who wants to be led by a woman.

You might find those of the male gender willing.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:54:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:58:21 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
How quick can we make Margaret Thatcher a US citizen????

Didn't most Gun Control in Britain come into effect under her watch?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:58:48 AM EDT
[#48]
It may be time for a woman president, but not the one they want...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:00:01 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Women bashing is not welcome on this board any more than religion bashing or race bashing.  Please refrain from the sweeping generalizations and keep CoC #1 in mind.

Please cite the "women bashing" please.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:08:46 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Women bashing is not welcome on this board any more than religion bashing or race bashing.  Please refrain from the sweeping generalizations and keep CoC #1 in mind.

Please cite the "women bashing" please.

That women tend towards the emotional side, or that men would not want to be led by women.
I don't see that as bashing, just as facts.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top