Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 7:44:56 AM EDT
The past week all I've seen on the news was Cheney's Elmer Fudd momment and the central american mudslides.  Is there anything else going on in the whole world?
What about the British guy on trial in Austria? He's facing 10 years for denying the Holocaust.  I see this as major news, testing the limits of free speech in Europe, yet, no mention in the American news outlets.

What's going on in Iraq?  Are we winning?  Did the insurgency quit?  I havnt heard any bleak reports from there lately.  Has it calmed down since the elections, or does the media figure they can't get the American public whipped up about it anymore?

What else is going on that is on the back bruner?  Has to be something!!!!  If I hear one more thing about Elmer Cheney, I'm going to be sick!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:47:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I stumped my toe on the stairs yesterday.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:49:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I stumped my toe on the stairs yesterday.

Stop the presses.... we have breaking news

get it? breaking....... hur hur hur
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:51:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What's going on in Iraq?  Are we winning?  Did the insurgency quit?  I havnt heard any bleak reports from there lately.  

That's my #1 indicator for how the war is going. When the press stops reporting about it I assume it's going very well indeed.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:22:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

That's my #1 indicator for how the war is going. When the press stops reporting about it I assume it's going very well indeed.

You know it's bad (for them) when they can't even find anything negative to say about the war!  I remember when Afghanistan went off the radar.  I had to get all my info from people who were/are ACTUALLY there (not that I didnt listen to them more in the first place)

All I hear about comming back from there is good things.  Lot of suck still going on for sure, but far more good than bad these days.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:23:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a interveiw at Fiocchi USA today.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:28:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I flipped between the three network news national broadcasts last night, and according to them what's going on is mudslides and sports. I watch these broadcasts on occasion more to see what they don't report than what they do report.

How's the economy?
How's WWIII going?

I don't know, but I can tell you who won Daytona.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top