Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2006 7:43:27 PM EDT
Both are sports I can never watch on TV. Just not interesting enough for me (don't get offended nascar guys). I figured there had to be a way to make both of these sports more exciting. And that's when I came up with the idea for Nascar Soccer.

Here's the plan:

You take the infield of a racetrack and put up a soccer field. You start the kickoff when the race starts.

Only the players currently in the soccer game are on the infield. The rest are outside the track. If you need to change players, they have to run accross the track in between the cars.

If a team kicks the ball out of bounds (i.e. onto the track) they have to retrieve it and give it to the oppossing team.

Drivers get extra cup points for hitting a ball on the track, but lose points for hitting an actual player.

Game continues without interruption until the race is over or until one team has no players left able to play. If the game ends in a tie, the stunt drivers are brought out and a figure 8 Demo derby races is run through the infield until one team scores a winning goal.

The great thing is that nascar and soccer are two almost completely different target audiences, so the fan base could be HUGE for nascar soccer. Ratings GOLD.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:46:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's my version;

NASCAR vehicles all line up ready to go, then drivers climb into the stands.
One of them kicks a soccer ball onto the field, which is a signal for Bigfoot and GraveDigger to come out and run over all the cars.

Game over!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:49:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought your plan was to get the two annoying groups into once place to kill two birds with one stone.z
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:51:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I thought your plan was to get the two annoying groups into once place to kill two birds with one stone.z

Well there could be one hell of a fight every race as the two opposing groups clashed.

Soccer hooligans and the nascar crowd. Hell, Throw some cameras up in the stands and broadcast the results on pay per view!

Thenaks for the idea- an extra revenue stream!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:52:21 PM EDT
[#4]
OK,  I like it, but every thirty minutes the soccer players and NASCAR drivers should switch positions.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:52:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Brilliant !!

Throw in rabid British soccer fans and drunken rednecks, and issue baseball and cricket bats on request, and it'll be ratings gold !!!

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:53:29 PM EDT
[#6]
You math is FUBAR, 1 boring + 1 boring don't = exciting
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:54:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Brilliant !!

Throw in rabid British soccer fans and drunken rednecks, and issue baseball and cricket bats on request, and it'll be ratings gold !!!

I'm not sure about the bats.

Maybe free cheap beer for the first 100 laps? That will spice things up.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:55:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Maybe I need to make every 10th lap a figure 8 then...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You need to add fire somehow. A moat of flaming gasoline between the field and the track!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:11:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You need to add fire somehow. A moat of flaming gasoline between the field and the track!

And maybe lions too - chained up at midfield.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe I need to make every 10th lap a figure 8 then...

Not all of them can count that high.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:37:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Okay just another idea.  Although I defend NASCAR for what it is now.  If we want it more interesting:

This would be less complicated to implement since we wouldn't have to combine fan bases or anything

2.5 mi track
No restrictor plates

Beer garden in the infield.  Grandstands on the outside.

Instead of a start/finish have a crosswalk from the stands to the beer garden

Simple.  Entertaining.  Maybe?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:48:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top