Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2006 3:53:33 PM EDT
From:www.twincities.com/mld/miamiherald/news/world/13851651.htm?source=rss&channel=miamiherald_world

ISLAM

West must be punished, Iran says Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said in a speech that 'the people of the United States and Europe should pay a heavy price' for publication of caricatures of the Prophet Mohammad.

BY NASSER KARIMIAssociated Press

TEHRAN, Iran - The Iranian president, marking the 27th anniversary of the Islamic Revolution, told tens of thousands of his countrymen Saturday that the United States and Europe should pay a heavy price for publication of caricatures of the Prophet Mohammad, saying the West had become a tool of ``Zionism.''

Denmark, where the cartoons first were published last fall, decided to temporarily pull its envoys from Tehran, Syria and Indonesia, where buildings housing Copenhagen's diplomatic missions have come under attacks from angry Muslim demonstrators.

And a Saudi Arabian newspaper reprinted the Friday sermon of the country's top cleric who said it was too late for apologies and those responsible for the drawings should be put on trial and punished.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, whose country is deeply at odds with much of the international community over its disputed nuclear program, has promoted an anti-Israeli campaign that began last fall when he said the Holocaust was a ''myth'' and that Israel should be ``wiped off the map.''

Ahmadinejad has issued his anti-Israel remarks in conjunction with the growing nuclear crisis, in which the United States and some allies claim Iran's civilian nuclear activities are a cover for making an atomic weapon. Iran says it wants reactors to generate electricity.

In recent days, demonstrators in the tightly controlled country attacked the Danish, French and Austrian embassies with firebombs and hit the British mission with rocks.

In Saturday's speech the hard-line leader linked his public rage with Israel and the cartoons.
''I ask everybody in the world not to let a group of Zionists who failed in Palestine to insult the prophet,'' Ahmadinejad said, referring to the recent Hamas victory in Palestinian elections.

''Now in the West insulting the prophet is allowed, but questioning the Holocaust is considered a crime,'' he said. ''We ask, why do you insult the prophet? The response is that it is a matter of freedom, while in fact they [who insult the founder of Islam] are hostages of the Zionists. And the people of the U.S. and Europe should pay a heavy price for becoming hostages to Zionists,'' he declared.

Islam, especially the larger Sunni sect, widely holds that representations of the prophet are banned for fear they could lead to idolatry.

Iran, a predominantly Shiite Muslim country, has seized on the caricatures as a means of rallying its people behind a government increasingly under fire from the West. Ironically, the Shiite sect does not impose a blanket ban of representations of the prophet, and some Muslims in Iran's provincial towns and villages, even carry drawings said to be of the prophet.

But Tehran said the newspaper caricatures were insulting.

One of the drawings depicted the prophet wearing a turban shaped like a bombing with a burning fuse.

Austrian Foreign Minister Ursula Plassnik, whose country holds the European Union's rotating presidency, responded on behalf of the 25-nation trading bloc, saying Ahmadinejad's remarks were shocking and should not be silently accepted.

''These remarks stand in complete contradiction to the efforts of numerous political and religious leaders who after the events of the past few days are campaigning for a dialogue between cultures that is marked by mutual respect,'' Plassnik added.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:59:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Well how you like them apples.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:02:34 PM EDT
[#2]
It’s coming soon. Real soon!!!!! And the only thing that concerns me is because of the political correctness that our country is suffering from; we won't see it coming until its too late.....
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#3]
They have been looking for an excuse.  This is one but they could do better with a little work.......
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:23:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They have been looking for an excuse.  This is one but they could do better with a little work.......

I agree...

islamcomicbook.com/index.htm
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:28:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought they said their nukes were only for low-grade power?

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:37:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Their bluster is really starting to become boring...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Two words, pre-emptive strike.  Oh yeah, and when are we going to let the Israelis take over that part of the world already ?  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#8]
IBTL
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:04:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
IBTL

Why IBTL?  These are new as far as I know, and I thought is was the "spamming" of Muslim threads that was looked down upon by the mods?  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:06:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Dont get me wrong. I like it, but this stuff turns nasty quick.  And its always my stuff that gets locked.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:06:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I think this says it all.

-Steve
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:10:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree...

islamcomicbook.com/comics/english/images/15-600px.jpg

Wow, that is priceless!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:16:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree...

Wow, that is priceless!

Turn on your speakers..Click and Enjoy! Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:18:24 PM EDT
[#14]
why does iran seem hell bent on provoking a us attack?

...maybe they already have a nuke.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:51:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:53:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
why does iran seem hell bent on provoking a us attack?

...maybe they already have a nuke.

They want the 12th inning to start.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
It’s coming soon. Real soon!!!!! And the only thing that concerns me is because of the political correctness that our countryfavorite web site is suffering from; we won't see post about it coming until its too late.....

Fixed it for you.

wganz

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:01:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree...

Wow, that is priceless!

www.fandango.net/polaroid/MOHAMMED.gif

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:03:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Farking towelhead (Mahmoud Ahmadinejad) ......

1.  The US didn't have a publishing frenzy of those cartoons like Europe.  Yet we are a target.
2.  Your God (Allah)...your religion...your faith....your prophet(s)....ARE A JOKE.  Fuck'em.
3.  His mom smells like a wet dog.....at best
4.   The United States is beyond patient and ever forgiving.  But cross the line and piss us off?  Well Allah himself cannot spare you (diaper-head wearing muslims) from our rage and wrath.  We will crush you and your loved ones into the earth - along with you Allah.  

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:01:46 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

1.  The US didn't have a publishing frenzy of those cartoons like Europe.  Yet we are a target.
2.  Your God (Allah)...your religion...your faith....your prophet(s)....ARE A JOKE.  Fuck'em.
3.  His mom smells like a wet dog.....at best
4.   The United States is beyond patient and ever forgiving.  But cross the line and piss us off?  Well Allah himself cannot spare you (diaper-head wearing muslims) from our rage and wrath.  We will crush you and your loved ones into the earth - along with you Allah.  

Aw HELL YEAH Telling it like it is.  IBTL, unfortunately but this is good shit
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:05:16 PM EDT
[#21]
I feel like a nuclear-warhead hammer looking for an Iranian nail to pound into the sand right now. Anybody else have that feeling?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:10:32 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I feel like a nuclear-warhead hammer looking for an Iranian nail to pound into the sand right now. Anybody else have that feeling?

"Somebody's got a case of the Mondays"
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:12:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Kinda makes it ironic how CNN and everyone else (even FOX) bent over backwards to NOT publish the "offensive" cartoons.

Fat lot of good that did - when dealing with rabidly insane people.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:59:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Yep, there's a great idea.

Really push the US and Isreal to a breaking point. Considering that the US and Isreal have enough nuclear weapons to wipe out every major city in the Middle East, I'm betting this will be a pretty short war.

I can't imagine anything that makes less sense than ordering yourself up a few thousand megatons of instant holocaust over a fucking cartoon.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:31:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Out of the country of Greater Arabia
    Shall be born a strong master of Mohammed...
    He will enter Europe wearing a blue turban.
    He will be the terror of mankind.
    Never more horror.

The next anti christ according to Nostradamus?

Max
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:34:33 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree...

Wow, that is priceless!

www.fandango.net/polaroid/MOHAMMED.gif

that is priceless too
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:48:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Iran is gonna get a nasty suprise.

Temperatures of about 3 million degrees, better turn up the AC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top