Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 2:06:47 PM EDT
I was talking to someone today who said that the Prices of AR rifles have gone down alot since the AW ban ended........Personally, I haven't seen evidence of this......what do ya'll think?

GhostCat
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:07:59 PM EDT
[#1]
No.

Its not like you couldn't get an AR15 during the ban...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:09:15 PM EDT
[#2]
stayed the same or went up a little  
obviously pre ban stuff took a hit but not a huge one as there are still a couple of ban states
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:10:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Pre-ban rifles = drop like a rock

No ban rifles = about the same as post bans when the AWB was on, up a little because of inflation

Parts kits + stripped lowers = up some, because of inflation

Parts kits and stripped lowers will save you a couple of hundred bucks on a complete rifle. But you have to put it together yourself. But it's fun!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:11:25 PM EDT
[#4]
AR prices may not have dropped but the price on Beta-Cs dropped like a rock.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:12:00 PM EDT
[#5]
What I don't understand is why after 1.5 years the manufacturers are still behind.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:12:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Roboman, I like your avatar.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:13:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Roboman, I like your avatar.  

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:15:33 PM EDT
[#8]
From what I see around here, prices on them [no bans] are actually up. There was a pretty good jump around the beginning of the year. Glad I bought all of mine in the first few months after it ended as I did pretty well.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:18:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't know what you guys are smoking. The average price on AR15 now is around 800 bucks. During the ban they were around a grand. What is funny is that certain shops are still trying to sell neutered guns for higher than you can buy brand new for.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:20:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What I don't understand is why after 1.5 years the manufacturers are still behind.

You might not know, but there's a war on... that tends to eat up parts
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I don't know what you guys are smoking. The average price on AR15 now is around 800 bucks. During the ban they were around a grand. What is funny is that certain shops are still trying to sell neutered guns for higher than you can buy brand new for.

You must live in Commiefornia.........The Prices were $800 before the ban and the are about $850 now........sheesh......

GhostCat
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:23:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I assume that by "neutered" you mean post-ban.

If you think that's bad, check this out!   Prepare yoursel!  

California Legal Colt AR-15
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:52:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You must live in Commiefornia.........The Prices were $800 before the ban and the are about $850 now........sheesh......

GhostCat

Nope, if you looked below my name you would see I live in Maine.

Now, maybe I don't know all the "IN" places to get deals, or at least I didn't during the ban, but every place I knew of ones for sale they were 1100 or more. Now, even in my local rag the prices have dropped to 5-600 for most, and I see them online everywhere starting at 650 for low end up to 2gs fully loaded.

But for the most part the prices have come down in my area. YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You might not know, but there's a war on... that tends to eat up parts

Yeah, I'm sure RRA and DSA and few others are effected by this.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:18:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Commiefornia.....Maine......whats the difference?...........
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:11:33 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
AR prices may not have dropped but the price on Beta-Cs dropped like a rock.

It's going to drop even further.  Their original patent has either already expired or is just about to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top