Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2006 12:56:53 PM EDT
I'm getting ready to move out of here, and figured I'd just buy a triler and hook it up to the diesel to bring everything out west.

Are all these things made the same.  I had a Wells Cargo I used when I was racing and it seemed to be pretty good.  Are names like Pace and Haulmark overpriced because of their names?  What are some other good ones?

Thanks

John
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:33:14 PM EDT
[#1]
H and H Trailers  is big around here, I've had a Haulmark and they're about the same.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:41:33 PM EDT
[#2]
They are definitely not the same.
I cant recommend a specific brand-
but I would recommend trying to find trailers that guys are using everyday and see how they hold up.
You may notice that alot of companies in your area are using the same trailer, or maybe a couple seem to be more popular than others.

Check the sheetmetal screws and see if they are all there. Sometimes those things just back out of lesser quality trailers because there isnt much to attach too, or the workmanship is poor.
Check for water leakage.
Do the doors work well after a while?

Many trailers look great at first, but break down after use.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:53:05 PM EDT
[#3]
FEMA has a bunch they're not using
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:55:21 PM EDT
[#4]
sorry, double posted
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:07:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I looked for one for a few months before I got a company van.  The below quote about sums it up.

Quoted:
They are definitely not the same.
I cant recommend a specific brand-
but I would recommend trying to find trailers that guys are using everyday and see how they hold up.
You may notice that alot of companies in your area are using the same trailer, or maybe a couple seem to be more popular than others.

Check the sheetmetal screws and see if they are all there. Sometimes those things just back out of lesser quality trailers because there isnt much to attach too, or the workmanship is poor.
Check for water leakage.
Do the doors work well after a while?

Many trailers look great at first, but break down after use.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top