Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 11:49:51 AM EDT
FRANCE? (Found these on a cop car pic site I visit.

I don't mean to do any culture-bashing or French-bashing or cop-bashing but I think it's kind of odd, sort of like if a PD here was using a Renault or a Citroen or a Toyota as a patrol vehicle.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:50:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:50:28 AM EDT
[#2]
hi2u fortune city!

your pictures are not working.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:50:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Yea, screw Fortune City!!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:51:25 AM EDT
[#4]
ummm, they work for me.

Let me try saving them to my hard drive and then uploading them to my photo server.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:56:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I uploaded them to my photo server

Lesson learned:

Don't EVER copy directly from a damn Geocities site.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:56:44 AM EDT
[#6]
bump for updated pix at the bottom.

4 second wait my ass!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:50:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I don't mean to do any culture-bashing or French-bashing or cop-bashing but I think it's kind of odd, sort of like if a PD here was using a Renault or a Citroen or a Toyota as a patrol vehicle.

European police forces are a little less constrained by the political 'Not Made Here' syndrome, though the Germans do like to use BMW/Mercedes/Porsche. More often than not, they just pick the best vehicle they can find for the price. If for some reason that French force decide Crown Vics were the best suited for the job, at the best price, then so be it. Not sure how they're going to service it though. That can be a factor in some forces. For example, the Irish police force uses a large variety of vehicles: Each station gets a car of a type for which there is a local dealer for it to be serviced at. Thus one station might have a Toyota Camry, the next a Ford Mondeo, simply because the Toyota dealership is near the first, and the Ford near the second.

NTM
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:15:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

European police forces are a little less constrained by the political 'Not Made Here' syndrome, though the Germans do like to use BMW/Mercedes/Porsche. More often than not, they just pick the best vehicle they can find for the price. If for some reason that French force decide Crown Vics were the best suited for the job, at the best price, then so be it. Not sure how they're going to service it though. That can be a factor in some forces. For example, the Irish police force uses a large variety of vehicles: Each station gets a car of a type for which there is a local dealer for it to be serviced at. Thus one station might have a Toyota Camry, the next a Ford Mondeo, simply because the Toyota dealership is near the first, and the Ford near the second.

NTM

Interesting.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:10:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
ummm, they work for me.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:11:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
ummm, they work for me.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/Jbays/noobs.jpg

see my pics near the bottom
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:33:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Here is a Peugeot from the same department. It does seem odd that they'd use such big cars in a country where gas is so expensive. I guess the cops get an exemption on fuel taxes.

A link to the Montpellier Municipal police dept:

www.montpellier.fr/556-les-missions-de-la-police-municipale.htm

Galland
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top