Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 10:00:27 AM EDT
Well, it was getting towards the end of the day of Friday 2/17/06 and I was ready to head home when I noticed several police cars show up at one of the apartment buildings I own in Pomona, CA. They surrounded the front unit of the building with guns drawn(Glocks) and demanded my tenant(on Section 8) open up. They called her on the phone, she answered, looked out the window at them and hung up. They then used  the hand ram and busted the door.(They could have asked me for the master keyEdit: Locks were changed without me knowing). A little bit later they come out with her POS teenage gang-banger son in cuffs and put him in the cruiser.

I talked with the supervisor of the Pomona PD and they had a warrant out for the sons arest for a string of burglaries in West Covina, CA. They found quite a bit of the stolen items in the apartment. I'm surprised they didnt take the mom away too as she refused to comply and open up for the cops.

Well, it looks like the door, frame, moulding and stucco will have to be fixed I could make her pay for the damage but since she is on Housing assistance she wont have the money. I saw her the next day and it looks like she is packing up and leaving as she had a U-haul truck out front. I will report her to the Housing Authority about the incident and that will pretty much make her inelligible for any future city housing assistance, so she's fucked. I will just be happy to get her out and re-rent her 2br unit. As is typical when dealing with Section 8 tenants, I bet the unit will be a disaster and will take quite a bit of work to clean up. Hopefully, I'll find his Glock Fotey' yo! hidden somewhere. You can always find a use for a drop/plant gun.

P.S. I never rent to Section 8 tenants. She was already a tenant when the building was purchased, so I let her stay as I normally do for tenants I aquire in that way.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:04:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Hows the dog ?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Forgot to mention it was the West Covina PD that actually did the arrest. The Pomona officer was just there to help/observe.

I'm also pissed that I found out today the tenant changed the locks so my master key would not have worked.

She was very mad and went on a tirade that she was going to file a complain with the W. Covina PD and that they were gonna pay big and how her rights were violated blah blah blah.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:57:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Evict her.  Now.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:59:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Ban apartments!  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:05:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I would sue the cops and the city and make them pay for repairs.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:12:17 AM EDT
[#6]
No offense.  but.....get the F.. out of Pomona.  I grew up there, and best thing that ever happened to me was leaving S. Cal.  I do miss the weather but not all the POS's that live there.   Gang bangers and other illegal immigrants and the nightly helicopters flying over when some dirt bag kills some other dirt bag are the majority of memories I have out there.   Life can be soo much better than that.........  I did not know it back then.  Now after getting out of that area I just wanted to share with you that life can be normal.  Sorry for my soapbox, but you activated a little PTSD when I read your post LOL.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:19:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Sue for what?

What did they do that was illegal?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:19:46 AM EDT
[#8]
You do have the "right" to repair the mess.....

Good luck.  

Don't try too hard to make sense of these things.  Not sure it's possible.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:23:34 AM EDT
[#9]
90% of Section 8 tenants are just a waste.  The only thing they are good at is destroying the value of the area market.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:27:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sue for what?

Destroyed someone else's private property.  All they had to do was go to the management office and get a key. Instead they had to play ninja boys and be tough guys
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:35:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Cops doing the job, they were told to go there and do the JOB
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:36:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
No offense.  but.....get the F.. out of Pomona.  I grew up there, and best thing that ever happened to me was leaving S. Cal.  I do miss the weather but not all the POS's that live there.   Gang bangers and other illegal immigrants and the nightly helicopters flying over when some dirt bag kills some other dirt bag are the majority of memories I have out there.   Life can be soo much better than that.........  I did not know it back then.  Now after getting out of that area I just wanted to share with you that life can be normal.  Sorry for my soapbox, but you activated a little PTSD when I read your post LOL.  

I have too much property here to just up and leave P-town. I nearly own a whole city block that makes me MUCHO money. This is north Pomona right next to La Verne and Claremont, so it is not nearly as bad as the parts next to Chino and Montclair, down by Holt and Mission Blvd. That area is scary.

Actually, I was quite shocked to see the Police at my buildings. This is the first time in many months they have had to come out here. I try to rent to normal, upstanding tenants. It is usually just the Section 8 welfare leeches that cause problems.

What the real problem in this area is the Terroist HQ and indoctrination center Mosque and private RoP elementary school complete with flying black flags( but no USA flag). They are taking over N. Pomona at Garey Ave. and Foothill Blvd.(Route 66).
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sue for what?

Destroyed someone else's private property.  All they had to do was go to the management office and get a key. Instead they had to play ninja boys and be tough guys

Actually, I found out today my key would not have worked as the tenant had changed the locks without me knowing it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Damn PO-lease!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:40:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Just file a claim with risk managment at West Covina and ignore the tards suggesting you sue.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:42:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Just file a claim with risk managment at West Covina and ignore the tards suggesting you sue.

I probably wont even bother. My maintenance crew can have it fixed pretty fast. I will just be happy with getting her out of the unit soon.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:44:22 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sue for what?

If you are so tactically ignorant to understand why walking up to a door on an dwelling  (That you KNOW is full of felons)and jiggling the key in the lock is a VERY bad idea, well, then it's a waste of time to talk to you.

Call the city.  They'll pay.  It's common practice here.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:46:17 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I am rarely one to say this but....
fuckin' cop bashers.
This is like blaming a shooting on the gun owner whose stolen gun was used in the crime.
It ain't his fault.

Where the tenants Katrina refugees?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:52:41 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sue for what?

<-- hey no one sues you for not having a clue, why sue the police for doing their jobs?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:53:36 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sue for what?

If you are so tactically ignorant to understand why walking up to a door on an dwelling  (That you KNOW is full of felons)and jiggling the key in the lock is a VERY bad idea, well, then it's a waste of time to talk to you.

Call the city.  They'll pay.  It's common practice here.  

Actually, the tenants already knew the Po-Po was outside as they called her on the phone and ordered her to open up, when she looked at them through the window and hung up, they then busted open the door.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:12:50 PM EDT
[#21]
your former tenant will probably find a lawyer and sue you for not making the front door secure enough to prevent someone from breaking in..........lol
sorry for your so to speak loss,if it was worth the damage then she must have been a pos.
i hear cali is one of the toughest states to get someone evicted,maybe you just found an option....lol.
here in gwinnett county when i first moved here i used to sit on my upstairs back deck(apt complex)and watch the  weekly drug raids.
my country ass found it kind of entertaining having just moved from the sticks in arkansas.
i moved shortly after finding a bullet lodged in the wall when i woke up one morning.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:21:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Need a property manager?  I just got downsized on thurs...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 1:43:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Pomona Calif is pretty much the arm pit of the San Gabriel/Pomona Valleys.  Weather is very nice out this way except of course the human sludge.  Years ago, it was a rather nice to place to live, but today it is gang infested.  My wife's family owns some apartments in El Monte, and they never, ever rent to anyone who is on section 8.  Everyone that they rented to in the past, they've always had problems with, so never again.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:09:37 PM EDT
[#24]

jiggling the key in the lock is a VERY bad idea

Why?  The last time I saw the cops knock down a door in an apartment building, it took them three hits with the ram.  A key would have been much faster and much quieter.

it's a waste of time to talk to you.

Why be insulting?  This post is like most of yours.  You just troll for responses, and I guess I'm falling for it again.z
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:19:20 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sue for what?

Actually, I found out today my key would not have worked as the tenant had changed the locks without me knowing it.

Don't take this the wrong way , but this is my SOP in the first day or two of every place I have ever rented . Sorry my personal security is far more important to me than my landlord getting pissed that I changed the locks out . I do keep the old locks and reinstall them when I move though .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top