Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2006 7:24:06 AM EDT
Gun Protest in Leimert Park

LEIMERT PARK - A coalition of at least 30 black community leaders and residents staged a protest at a weapons accessories supply warehouse in Los Angeles today, according to an activist.

The group met 11 a.m. at the Botach Tactical warehouse at 3423 West 43rd Place calling on Los Angeles city officials to review the operation in light of their attempts to contain gun violence in the area, said Earl Ofari Hutchinson, president of the Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable.

The company provides supplies to military and law enforcement agencies, according to its Web site.

There was confusion today about whether the company sells firearms. Activists say they sell guns. The company was closed today and officials could not be reached to comment. There is a link to firearms on the company Web site, but nothing is listed under the link.

Sgt. Robert Rivers, of the Southwest Division police department, said he has been in the warehouse and that he believes they no longer sell guns. Rivers said they sell uniforms for police and the military.

"We want to replace the business with something that improves the community economically, that will bring jobs," said Eddie Jones, president of the Los Angeles Civil Rights Association.

abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=local&id=3921068
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:26:01 AM EDT
[#1]
They sold me a nice Aimpoint CompML2.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:27:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:27:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Target Botach?

They are just an empty warehouse,nothing in stock.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:30:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Target Botach?

They are just an empty warehouse,nothing in stock.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:31:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll never understand liberals.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:32:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

No worries.

Liberals don't understand liberals.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:33:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Why dont those 30 Black community leaders go get a REAL job and call it a day.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:33:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
"We want to replace the business with something that improves the community economically, that will bring jobs," said Eddie Jones, president of the Los Angeles Civil Rights Association.

What, so they can burn it down later?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:33:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:36:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Here's how:

1. Turn off the logical portion of your brain so you'll act on every impulse and desire without a filter.
2. Firmly believe you are entitled to everything you want RIGHT NOW.
3. Firmly believe that what you FEEL is right way to do things actually is the right way.
4. When you don't get exactly what you want, or things aren't going the way you feel they should, blame someone else and be angry at them and the world for not complying with your whims.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:37:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Ha!

Protestors=Maroons
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:39:26 AM EDT
[#12]

What an idiot.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:41:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What, so they can burn it down later?

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:42:00 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

LEIMERT PARK - A coalition of at least 30 black community leaders and residents staged a protest at a weapons accessories supply warehouse in Los Angeles today, according to an activist.

IOW, they can't control their little father-less hoodilums     so they need to blame some law-abiding company that minds their own business.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:43:11 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Ha!

Protestors=Maroons

As opposed to simply being red colored??????    
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:43:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:44:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Translation: Botach has not paid extortion money to the local black church.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:46:41 AM EDT
[#18]

LEIMERT PARK - A coalition of at least 30 black community leaders and residents...

Don't mess with  the coalition.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:49:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Ok... enough mud slinging... I've not had any problems with them... The POINT is that they are targeting a gun accessory dealer... They do supply jobs to community... just maybe noone from that area.

If they are sucessful @ the targeting the accessory dealer... imagine what they could do if they target an actual firearms deal!!

Doesn't matter if you like the company or not... the fact is they are trying to protest them... AND THEY DON'T EVEN SELL GUNS!!!

David
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:50:48 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

LEIMERT PARK - A coalition of at least 30 Botach Tactical customers staged a protest at a weapons accessories supply warehouse in Los Angeles today, according to a disgruntled customer.

The group met 11 a.m. at the Botach Tactical warehouse at 3423 West 43rd Place calling on Los Angeles city officials to review the operation in light of their attempts to get the product they paid for but never received.

There was confusion today about whether the company sells anything. Customers say they were lead to believe that Botach actually stockes items in their warehouse to sell to customers . The company was closed today and officials could not be reached to comment.

Sgt. Robert Rivers, of the Southwest Division police department, said he has been in the warehouse and that he believes they never did have anything to sell.

Fixed it for ya!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:51:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:51:22 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Ok... enough mud slinging... I've not had any problems with them... The POINT is that they are targeting a gun accessory dealer... They do supply jobs to community... just maybe noone from that area.

If they are sucessful @ the targeting the accessory dealer... imagine what they could do if they target an actual firearms deal!!

Doesn't matter if you like the company or not... the fact is they are trying to protest them... AND THEY DON'T EVEN SELL GUNS!!!

David

Really? They don't sell class 3?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:52:11 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LEIMERT PARK - A coalition of at least 30 Botach Tactical customers staged a protest at a weapons accessories supply warehouse in Los Angeles today, according to a disgruntled customer.

The group met 11 a.m. at the Botach Tactical warehouse at 3423 West 43rd Place calling on Los Angeles city officials to review the operation in light of their attempts to get the product they paid for but never received.

There was confusion today about whether the company sells anything. Customers say they were lead to believe that Botach actually stockes items in their warehouse to sell to customers . The company was closed today and officials could not be reached to comment.

Sgt. Robert Rivers, of the Southwest Division police department, said he has been in the warehouse and that he believes they never did have anything to sell.

Fixed it for ya!!

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:55:13 AM EDT
[#24]

Great idea Eddie.  Buy the property and start your own busniess.

fracking idiots
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:56:06 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Why dont those 30 Black community leaders go get a REAL job and call it a day.

or better yet start their own companies.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:56:11 AM EDT
[#26]
The irony and stupidity is so rich here, I don't know where to begin.

I'm glad I don't have to count on "Community leaders" to do my thinking for me.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:05:18 AM EDT
[#27]

If they are a primarily mail order company they should just move to a less expensive area outside the city limits (Better yet, outside the STATE) and take their tax revenue with 'em.  These asshat activists could then revel in their victory and rejoice in the further decline of their blighted 'hood.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:07:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Hmm... sounds like Community Leaders = a bunch of random protestors.

Maybe if they really want to improve the community, they should actually raise the kids of the women they knocked up, and make sure they don't grow up to be little gangbangers.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:09:08 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Hmm... sounds like Community Leaders = a bunch of random protestors Extorsionists.

Maybe if they really want to improve the community, they should actually raise the kids of the women they knocked up, and make sure they don't grow up to be little gangbangers.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:09:55 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

David

Really? They don't sell class 3?

Not that I'm aware of... The point I'm making is that they don't sell guns on their site as far as I can tell unless it GOV or LEO. I live in Fl... I have no real reason to go to CaLIBfornia. If they sell Class III to civillians, I've not seen it advertized...

But again... You're missing the whole point. You want someone coming to your neighbohood and protesting to close your favorite gun store???

Didn't think so.

David
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:15:30 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
 If they are a primarily mail order company they should just move to a less expensive area outside the city limits (Better yet, outside the STATE) and take their tax revenue with 'em.  These asshat activists could then revel in their victory and rejoice in the further decline of their blighted 'hood.  

Then the community activists would find a court - and, they would find one - to issue an order that Botach could not move.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:48:43 AM EDT
[#32]
I remember during the gun control debates in Canada in the early '90s. The local newspaper (the Vancouver Sun IIRC), published the addresses of what they called "home gun dealers". The names and addresses were provided by the provincial government.

One problem, they included holster makers, reloading supplies, accessory vendors etc etc.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Translation: Botach has not paid extortion money to the local black church.

Here's your winner.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top