Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2006 4:44:49 PM EDT
I mean really folks...

It's not "extreme" it's "stupid"

Guess next time around, they'll select some athletes that are more concerned about their sport than their image???
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:48:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you see the show-off land on her butt and lose the gold?  That has been the best moment of the Olympics for me so far.  Even better than the hockey.  I hate showboaters.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:50:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Shaun White is a pretty decent kid, and he came through for the US; unlike Bode.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:53:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Did you see the show-off land on her butt and lose the gold?  That has been the best moment of the Olympics for me so far.  Even better than the hockey.  I hate showboaters.

She is the biggest idiot ever. She doesn't even deserve the silver after that BS.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:57:14 PM EDT
[#4]
And she didn't want to take responsibility for it at first either.  "I was using it for stability!"  Yeah, right.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:59:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
And she didn't want to take responsibility for it at first either.  "I was using it for stability!"  Yeah, right.

Yeah....  she kicked her board out in a Method for "stabilty".  Please bitch, you were showboating and gave the gold away like a moron.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:04:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:05:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yep, would definitely replace the ski jumper in the "Agony of Defeat" scene if ABC was still doing WWS.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:06:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The womens slalom was a joke. Or better yet, the US womens team is a joke. WTF is up with the "fashion statement" garb. Bead necklaces and a tiara? Give me a break. Dingbat broads.

golf ball... garden hose... I'll bet they could win a medal then!  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:16:06 PM EDT
[#9]
O come on now people, it's not like these are real sports anyhow.  They're appeals to the next generation.  Well to hell with em ... er um unless they're going to my bedroom.  Well not all of them, some of them are downright fugly, especially the downhill skiers....ugh, not them skaters and cross country ski girls are more appealling.

um, what were we talking about, um o yeah, they put some stupid sports in the Olympics and they wonder why no one is watching anymore.  That's not just in the US that's worldwide, no one cares about the olympics.  Maybe because they douched it up w/ ghey "sports".

Bobsledding, luge, figure skating, downhill, cross country, biathalon, snowboarding, speedskating, hockey!, um ok that stupid thing the canadians like with the flat bowling balls on ice.  Now if they had the biathletes shooting at the snowboarders as they came down the hill, i'd put some popcorn on and grab a beer.

Sorry generation x ers, we don't want to see you pretending to be an athlete, mostly this year you're just an ass not an athlete.

SoS...gone to get more bourbon
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:18:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
O come on now people, it's not like these are real sports anyhow.  They're appeals to the next generation.  Well to hell with em ... er um unless they're going to my bedroom.  Well not all of them, some of them are downright fugly, especially the downhill skiers....ugh, not them skaters and cross country ski girls are more appealling.

um, what were we talking about, um o yeah, they put some stupid sports in the Olympics and they wonder why no one is watching anymore.  That's not just in the US that's worldwide, no one cares about the olympics.  Maybe because they douched it up w/ ghey "sports".

Bobsledding, luge, figure skating, downhill, cross country, biathalon, snowboarding, speedskating, hockey!, um ok that stupid thing the canadians like with the flat bowling balls on ice.  Now if they had the biathletes shooting at the snowboarders as they came down the hill, i'd put some popcorn on and grab a beer.

Sorry generation x ers, we don't want to see you pretending to be an athlete, mostly this year you're just an ass not an athlete.

SoS...gone to get more bourbon

You may not like snowboarding but it's the only sport anyone is watching these Olympics, ya old fart!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:29:29 PM EDT
[#11]
riiiiiiiiiiiiight

and yes I have grey hair and own all my guns and am sitting on a crate of ammo right now
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
riiiiiiiiiiiiight

and yes I have grey hair and own all my guns and am sitting on a crate of ammo right now

I'm just goofing around. I personally like the snowboarding, and think it takes a lot of skill. However, I do not like the baggy clothes and cocky attitudes - but Shaun White does not seem to be like that. I also like the traditional winter olympic sports. I'm getting a few grey hairs myself.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:51:12 PM EDT
[#13]
They should drop all sports other than curling, biathlon, cross-country skiing, speed-skating and hockey.

THAT would be an awesome Winter Olympics - just like the ancient greeks would have liked .

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:52:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I like the Olympics, but there is too much PC junk going on.  Sports like snowboarding, figure skating, thrashing around with ribbons, sliding rocks across ice, and then you have corrupt judges, favoritism, drug use, etc.  Why can't they just stick to basics and "tradition"...I know, none of this is really traditional, but you know...?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:58:02 PM EDT
[#15]
its just a sign of the times and how society is going to hell

maybe they should include polar bear wrestling next time.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:00:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

maybe they should include polar bear wrestling next time.

That would be sweet !!!!!

They could make it part of the biathlon or something!!  A polar-bear wrestling station

Brilliant !!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#17]
LMAO,  yes Brilliant!  

I think they could fit in polar bear wrestling in to all the winter games.

o yes, nice triple sow cow, she's nailed it!...and O no! she lost it on the polar bear, so disappointing for her, she's been working on a bear take down that no one else does.,,,,,too bad, I'm sure those stitches will be healed in 4 years.

+1 on the disdain for the cocky attitudes, probably why I don't like the selfish gen X ers or the all about me attitude.  I prefer athletes with class and composure, Kick the opponents' ass and shake his/her hand and tell him/ her what a wonderful competitor they are.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
They should drop all sports other than curling, biathlon, cross-country skiing, speed-skating and hockey.

THAT would be an awesome Winter Olympics - just like the ancient greeks would have liked .

The ancient Greeks didn't use poles for anything other than sitting on....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top