Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 2:18:36 PM EDT
I have two DVD burner programs and I have to run them both together in order for them to work. I burned two movies that  a friend loaned me and I tried to burn the others and ran into problems. I got a message in a window saying I did'nt have enough space on my hard drive. I have 5.? MB on the drive and the other movies when processed is 7. something MB and the discs are 4.7. I was wondering is there a way around upgrading my hard drive?

BTW I have a Sony Vaio that's two years old, the first program that I use is DVD Shrink 3.2. Once it's gone through the Shrink program I save it in a temp file and  I burn i a copy using the Nero 7 Ultra Edition program. Once I burned a movie, I delete it from the temp file,m trying to free up space. I was hoping maybe there are some blank discs out there that have more room. I don't know if there is or not, I just got into this today. Also I was wanting to know if I can burn portions of several CDs onto one blank disc, kinda like a VHS tape. I have some sports high lights from my buddy but I don't have to, nor do I want all of the high lights onto my disc. I was trying to put highlights of my favorite basketball and football players on my disc.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:14:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I know what to do after speaking with a friend. Does anyone use the Shrink 3.2 program?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:04:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Well...that shit did'nt work! I tried to change the rate of compression and it was a no go...

I need some help guys!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:31:37 AM EDT
[#3]
?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:40:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I use the DVD XCopy program and can copy and compress about 99% of dvd's. I don't know how to get around the HD problem.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:41:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I use dvd shrink. You can reauthor a dvd and take out all the titles and languages and crap and just do the movie to save space. I use dvdshrink and then burn with nero which dvd shrink chooses automatically. very easy
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:42:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Ghostface: I think you may need more hard disk capacity(ie either delete files or add another drive), because I think those copy programs probably used the HD as temporary storage space.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:47:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone have problems with not being able to play burns in a regular DVD player?  The only place they work is in my comp. or in my PS2.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:50:53 AM EDT
[#8]
The DVD's that I burn have worked in every DVD player I have tried...I even took an "Archival Backup" into Circuit City and Worst Buy and tried them in their DVD players- worked in every one, however, on  a side note, a bunch of employees were gathering around asking for a copy of my program (DVD X Copy), I had to deny them.....sux for them
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:51:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks guys! I'll take these suggestions to my computer buddy and see what the cheapest options are...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:27:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Well....I gotta tell ya.

You can re-author with DVD shrink like stretch mentioned. However, with the drop in price of Dual Layer writers, and hi capacity HD, why even bother. You will also need more HD space with most of the newer programs out there.  My suggestion, bite the bullet. Upgrade HD disk and get a dual layer writer. With a Dual Layer DVD writer you will not need to "shrink" the copies anymore.

Dual layer DVD Burner

250G Seagate HD

Aye, but dual layer media is still pricey.  Single layer can be had for less than 35 cents a disc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top