Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2006 9:32:21 AM EDT
Lot's of influential, important people are going to be there . . . and me.  Any advice from the gallery would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:34:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Wear pants.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:43:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Brush your teeth and use deoderant.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:44:27 AM EDT
[#3]
try to sneak up on the governor while putting your hand in inside your coat like you're reaching for a gun.

The security detail loves that!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:46:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Watch out for the clique mob, I've heard the governor has one and they have a hammer of death.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:46:44 AM EDT
[#5]

I suggest giving him a chocolate gun as a present.  He's so busy, you might have to run up to him real fast and hold it out in front of you.

Seriously, any pending gun related bills in your state?  If so, read up on them and ask him about them, if you get the chance.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:48:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
try to sneak up on the governor while putting your hand in inside your coat like you're reaching for a gun.

The security detail loves that!

...and have a pad and pen inside the jacket. After they beat you to the ground and disarm you of your text, all the while screaming "I only wanted an autograph"

Instant fame
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:49:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I think dinners are parties are not really the best place to discuss politics – unless the dinner is some sort of political event.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:58:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Call him a gun-grabbing liberal commie fucktard to break the ice.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:59:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Rap on you wine glass as if you are going to propose a toast then proclaim: "I AM THE MIDNIGHT-SNIPER!!!!!!!" pour your dinner plate into your coat pocket and jump out the window.  Works like a charm.

Cheers
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:01:06 AM EDT
[#10]
yeah you probably want to leave out that you are a member of ARFCOM
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:02:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Zip your pants up if you decide to wear them
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:15:20 AM EDT
[#12]
You can manage to step between the photographers and the Governer just before they snap a Pic. that will score you losts of points.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:16:40 AM EDT
[#13]
NO FARTING, well, loud ones anyways.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:20:26 AM EDT
[#14]
DO NOT grab his wife's boobs and shout loudly, "Are they live, or are they Mammorex?"

Trust me.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:20:27 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I think dinners are parties are not really the best place to discuss politics – unless the dinner is some sort of political event.

It is.  Should I take a camera and have someone take my pic with the guv and post it here?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:21:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Wear clothing appropriate to the event.  Without knowing what the event is, I suggest a blazer at minimum (Governer comes to local grocery store).

However, depending on the use of the word "dinner", a suit or a dinner jacket (tuxedo) sounds more appropriate.  

Try to use those manners you read about in books, especially regarding napkins and such.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:25:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Don't do this:

I was about halfway through an hour long briefing to a US Congressman when I just couldn't hold back any longer, and I silenced a good one. We were in a medium/small sized conference room and that puppy filled the whole thing with the nastiest smell you can imagine.

At first no one reacted, and I just kept on talking. Finally it got so bad that the Congressman said "Oh my!" After the laughter died down, he said "It's gratifying to know that my constituents are so well fed".

I never owned up to it to my boss, and to this day he thinks the Congressman did it!

Oh, and don't hit on his wife!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:55:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Put your dick in the mashed potatos.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#19]
[Belushi] "How much for the little girl?" [Belushi off]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:22:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Terets Syndrome...
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Leave the "Vote From the Rooftops" t-shirt at home.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Lot's of influential, important people are going to be there . . . and me.  Any advice from the gallery would be appreciated.

UPDATE:

Thanks for all of your valuable advice.  I met Gov. Dirk Kempthorne, Sen. Michael Crapo, Sen. Larry Craig (an NRA member and strong supporter), Rep. Butch Otter (who will probably be the next governor), and Rep. Michael Simpson.  All great Republicans.  I joked around a bit with the governor and was sure not to expell any fumes in his presence.

Larry Craig presented the Bronze Star to a WW II veteran who had served in Europe on a flight crew.  Very emotional moment.

All the politicians spoke positively of President Bush and the War on Terror.  Two soldiers who served in Iraq received a standing ovation from the several hundred people in the audience.

There is no doubt in my mind which political party really loves America and our brave soldiers.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top