Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2006 9:17:18 AM EDT
I'll be leaving for Diego Garcia in a few weeks. anybody been there?  Do they have a gym? What about food? Chicks? How about pics?  Any info is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:22:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:35:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, Paul.  Most of the other folks I am going with are falling-down drunk overweight chain-smokers, and they don't care about working out or eating anything except for tobbacco.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:38:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Stay off "The Queen's Grass"
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:40:38 AM EDT
[#4]
That place is a fricken resort.

and IIRC, you get the hazardous duty pay.

nuts.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:43:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Lots of hot British military chicks.

www.zianet.com/tedmorris/dg/links.html#this
Good site. Funny too.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:19:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't mess with the chickens.  The Brit MPS will go Rodney King on you if you screw (figuratively/literaly) with the Queens chickens and donkeys.
I considered Dodge a island resort when I was there.  Climate is great, awesome sunsets and relaxed athomsphere.  Food is decent, booze is super cheap and the babes are bored and willing to be 'entertained'.
If you snorkel/scuba, there are few better places.  Watch out for sharks though.  Although in the lagoon they only get up to 10 feet.
Take a bicycle is possible, roads are good around the whole island.
A caveat - make sure you are in good health medically and dental.  The Medevac P-3 takes a few hours to get to the Singapore hospital.  Dental was limited to fillings or yanking out when I was there.

Just Google Diego Garcia - lots of hits with info and pics.

Approaching the westside airfield:

Fritz

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top