Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2006 9:12:24 AM EDT
Forgot to file state last year and got a letter from the IRS. Pretty sure it is a trivial amount to be paid but how or where do I do an old return?  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:13:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Turbo Tax Online.
Fast, Easy and Cheap!
Buttom will say something like do you need to file a previous years return?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:54:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Forgot to file state last year and got a letter from the IRS. Pretty sure it is a trivial amount to be paid but how or where do I do an old return?  

It's odd that you would get a letter from the IRS for failure to file a state income tax return.  The only involvement the IRS would have, is to notify the Louisiana Department of Revenue (LDR) that you filed a Federal income tax return using a Louisiana address.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:01:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The IRS didn't give you any instructions or a contact person in their letter???

Yes but it is Saturday, they are not thier.  Just found out I owe $116 for 2005 too, they will not see that till April though just principle.  This blows.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:11:11 AM EDT
[#4]
You better take care of the 2004 debt ASAP. The LDR is probably charging you interest and/or penalties for not filing or asking for an extension prior to the original due date. You can get the old income tax forms off of the LDR web site.

www.rev.state.la.us/sections/taxforms/archive.asp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top