Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2006 11:02:35 PM EDT
I was wondering if I can buy less lethal munitions for 37mm launchers. I'm looking at cs rounds and smoke rounds. I see that some people are selling these on gunbroker. I personally don't want to use them, as I just think they're interesting for collection purposes.  Are there any laws against ownership for civillians?  Do I just have to be LEO to buy them, or are there ways around it?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:05:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not certain, but i think they are legal in certain states.

It just takes one screw up by a curious douche to have a congressional panel work to ban them.

Be carefull with them.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:07:30 PM EDT
[#2]
"Less than lethal" "Less lethal".
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:09:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I was wondering if I can buy less than lethal munitions for 37mm launchers. I'm looking at cs rounds and smoke rounds. I see that some people are selling these on gunbroker. I personally don't want to use them, as I just think they're interesting for collection purposes.  Are there any laws against ownership for civillians?  Do I just have to be LEO to buy them, or are there ways around it?

You can buy all the Less Than Lethal munitions that you want... just as soon as someone invents them. Now Less Lethal might be a different story.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:22:21 PM EDT
[#4]
ok ok, I'll edit my thread.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:26:18 PM EDT
[#5]
yes you can buy them, but possession of them with a 37mm not registered as a DD is a NFA violation.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:34:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
yes you can buy them, but possession of them with a 37mm not registered as a DD is a NFA violation.

Are you sure? I know that 40mm launchers are considered DD's, but 37mm's? Where does fed law state that I can't have both in the same vicinity?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:38:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you sure? I know that 40mm launchers are considered DD's, but 37mm's? Where does fed law state that I can't have both in the same vicinity?

As far as i know, they dont.

37mm smooth bore is not considerd a firearm.

If you find a company gernerous enough to deal with, they will send a 37mm launcher to your front door.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:45:21 PM EDT
[#8]
You can have smoke and gas, but any anti-personnel rounds are illegal. (baton, bean bag, etc) You're launcher would then be considered a DD and you would have to register it with the NFA. For more info go to www.37mm.com

Don't take my word for it. Look on their site. If I remember correct, there's is or was even a BATFE agent that is/was a member and would give advice. This was several years ago though before they banned bird bombs...
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:24:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That is correct. You must have a registered DD to use anti-personnel munitions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top