Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 8:35:17 PM EDT
Well?

Not just overzealous fans of certain products, like me , but actual manufacturers of the gear who bash their competitors directly...

Like if the owner of ASA came on here and started bashing Vector...

So what do you all think?

Tired of it?  Or par for the course, just deal with it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:36:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont buy from any company that trashes its competition in an unethical manner. If a company spends all its time trashing its competition, then they are only hiding the fact that they are an inferior product.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:39:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:48:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
specifics?

+1  I haven't noticed this.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:49:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
specifics?

<<shrug>>

Then maybe it's me.......
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:49:53 PM EDT
[#5]
it's still OK to bash The Toad, right?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:53:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:54:27 PM EDT
[#7]
The only company I have seen constantly bashing the competition is Legal-Transfers.  Obviously he isn't a manufacturer.

I will never order from him because he has to say IN EVERY THREAD how he is "the most immitated dealer on the boards"... immitated by who, I have yet to see.  Plus all the crap about "kitchen table dealers" and "I will be the only dealer getting these at first!".

I'll continue ordering from the good guys like Grant, ADCO, CMMG, Global Tactical, Talon Arms, etc. etc. who don't take every opportunity to tell everyone they are the most wonderful dealer around.  Humble dealers who provide excellent service are who will be getting my $$$.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:59:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Couldn't be this, could it?

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:04:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
specifics?

+1  I haven't noticed this.

I can really only give analogies, as a direct finger pointing might be construed as "calling out other members", which we can't do around here.  To be honest, there are three instances that are bringing this thread up.

So let's say Dick Swan came on the board and DIRECTLY posted all LaRue products were shit...

No fake screen names, no hiding...just flat out unabashed public pounding from the SOURCE of the products -- professionals in the industry.

People with lots of "street cred" and lots of respect in the industry.

I mean it's one thing for me to be a big fan boy of Kimber, but it's entirely different when a Kimber rep comes on the board, identifies himself, and then bashes Glocks.

Right?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:08:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Honestly I've never seen it happen.

However, I'd rather watch a vendor humiliate a competitor with superior products and sales as opposed to trying to drag his name through the mud.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:11:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Saw it on another board.  Some guy did a "study" to prove that his main competitor's products -- a company that has been in the business for nearly 100 years and whose product has been THE standard safety equipment used by practically everyone -- were defective and did not provide sufficient protection.

His stuff sounds good, but I won't touch it, ever, because the competitor has a solid reputation, and if the guy is willing to lie about what his testing showed on their products, I sure can't trust him to evaluate his own products.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:17:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I saw a couple of vendor arguments that were really "unprofessional"
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:18:39 PM EDT
[#13]
WWRS? (What Would Rodney Say?)

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:23:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Yep, it's bullshit, and I will never buy anything from the company in question.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:52:06 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
specifics?

Not guns, but an example.  Mag Industries spends more on legal fees than R&D.  They've sued a tiny manufacturer that made a very different product than them, just because they put their name around the edge of the bezel.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:53:30 AM EDT
[#16]
I've seen vendors bashing each other in here, but not manufacturers.

I just make a mental note and don't buy from vendors that act that way.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:57:04 AM EDT
[#17]
While I agree with the free flow of info (including bare knuckle on-line fighting between vendors), I do believe they shouldn't do it here if the Avilla's don't want them to.

As for heated competition, this isn't anything new.  It's been around ever since the idea of merchantilism took root over a millenia ago.

When it comes to the actions of human beings, there is absolutely nothing new under the sun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top