Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2006 7:08:10 PM EDT
Sitrep:

I have been very seriously wanting to pay off my credit card. But today a great deal on an upper that I have been wanting (.499 L-W) along with 1,000 rounds of .499 L-W ammo fell into my lap and I charged it. I'm going to sell a few other guns to pay for it, but at the moment my credit card debt is MUCH higher than it was yesterday.

Tell me I'm still a good person.

ETA - I do have way more than enough in my bank account to cover this purchase, and I could pay off my credit card completely (but that would completely empty my savings). I prefer to fund this by selling a couple of other guns, but I probably should have sold them first.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:10:09 PM EDT
[#1]
You probably shoulda just paid off the debt until you had enough disposable income to afford the upper
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:11:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You probably shoulda just paid off the debt until you had enought disposable income to afford the upper

This was a one time deal, and in a couple of days the price would have gone up $549.

That's what I keep telling myself.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Just don't come back in a month posting a thread about how your interest rate is so damn high and that your credit card bill is killing you.

That being said, congrats on the purchase!

Thousand round of .499 must have cost a pretty freakin' penny though.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:14:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Like I always say; the fish only sees the bait, not the hook.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:17:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I always make a payment first, that way even tho I have a balance...I'm still making payments.  

Of course my limit is only $500 so I can't bury myself too deep.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:18:12 PM EDT
[#6]
You need to seperate wants from needs unless you can pay cash. ymmv.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:18:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You probably shoulda just paid off the debt until you had enought disposable income to afford the upper

This was a one time deal, and in a couple of days the price would have gone up $549.

I understand now
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:19:53 PM EDT
[#8]
he he he...

I can't say anything.  I just picked up a SWEET S&W model 686... 4 inch bbl. stainless steel... ahhhh heaven!!!

I totally couldn't afford it but it was a good deal!!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:22:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You need to seperate wants from needs unless you can pay cash. ymmv.

Well, I do have the cash to cover it in my bank account, and it won't come anywhere near cleaning me out. But, I prefer to sell a couple of other guns to pay for it.

My situation will hopefully be quite different tomorrow after taking a few toys to the fun show.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:23:21 PM EDT
[#10]
If it was a really good deal you should have got two.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#11]
looks like the vaccine for BRD didn't work...
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:27:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
looks like the vaccine for BRD didn't work...

A new upper IS the vaccine!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:29:01 PM EDT
[#13]
If you are carrying a large credit card balance, you did not save anything by buying it today on your card before the price went up. By the time you pay all the interest, you will be worse off than if you had waited and paid the higher price. If, as you said above, you have the cash in savings, then you should have paid cash or written a check.

Credit card debt is NEVER a good thing.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:29:44 PM EDT
[#14]
A fool and his money....
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#15]
I just paid off all my debt... Try it youll like the feeling.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:43:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just paid off ALL my CC debt.  CREDIT CARDS ARD THE WORK OF THE DEVIL HIMSELF!!!!!

I don't care what it is or how good a deal it is.  I will never give them SCUM BAGS another dime of my $$$.   Even if I knew I could pay it off when the bill came in.  

Do I sound a little bitter?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Just paid off ALL my CC debt.  CREDIT CARDS ARD THE WORK OF THE DEVIL HIMSELF!!!!!

I don't care what it is or how good a deal it is.  I will never give them SCUM BAGS another dime of my $$$.   Even if I knew I could pay it off when the bill came in.  

Just a little.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Yes, you sound bitter.

However, you don't sound like someone who's trying to justify a credit card charge he probably shouldn't have made.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:51:15 PM EDT
[#19]
motown ,  what the hell, you only live once

GM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top