Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 4:18:59 PM EDT
If I post a link to a really funny spoof of something related to Islamic fascism/terrorism, will it get locked?  I'm just trying to keep from breaking the rules here and need some education regarding what I can and can't get away with here.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:21:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:22:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm Muslim, what do you want to know?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:23:54 PM EDT
[#3]
what are moonies?

is that the church of that korean guy?  aren't they nominally christian?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:24:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Just have people post so you can pm it to everyone. if its to much trouble for you pm me the link and i will.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:24:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Just play it safe and praise Allah!

A certain mod has no tolerance for anything even remotely anti-ROP.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:27:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:28:02 PM EDT
[#7]
are we allowed to post that one pic...that says

"everything I needed to know about islam I learned on 9/11"
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:28:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thats not me by the way.

true dat!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:28:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thats not me by the way.

No it's not. I didn't mean to imply that it was.

Sorry if my statement caused any confusion. It IS NOT the beer slayer!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:30:10 PM EDT
[#10]
A thought.  Post about Islam in the Religion Forum
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:30:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If I post a link to a really funny spoof of something related to Islamic fascism/terrorism, will it get locked?  I'm just trying to keep from breaking the rules here and need some education regarding what I can and can't get away with here.

Just post the damn thing and see what happens!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:38:17 PM EDT
[#12]
IBTL

I am the first one
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:38:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'm Muslim, what do you want to know?

Why do you burn down Danish embassies over a cartoon?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:42:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Eric trying to stir shit up again?  I think you should just IM me the link
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:44:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
1.) Posting derogatory comments of a racial, religious, or sexual nature. This includes your username, signature line, and title. Site Staff and Moderators reserve the right to edit these items and to remove your ability to modify them in the future.

this applies to christians, muslims,buddhists,moonies,mormons,catholics,satanists and any other man made religion you want to discuss.

You forgot DRUIDS or are they fair game?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:44:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
1.) Posting derogatory comments of a racial, religious, or sexual nature. This includes your username, signature line, and title. Site Staff and Moderators reserve the right to edit these items and to remove your ability to modify them in the future.

this applies to christians, muslims,buddhists,moonies,mormons,catholics,satanists and any other man made religion you want to discuss.

You forgot DRUIDS or are they fair game?

Flying Spaghetti Monster?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#17]

AllahPeanutButterSandwiches !!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:58:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:59:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My Jewish friend is still working on it.  It is VERY funny, but the problem that I foresee is that the spoof does mention Islam.  Therefore, someone will get their panties in a wad and say it is derogatory to Islam.  

So, if someone tells a joke that starts "A priest, a rabbi, and an Immam walk into a bar", is it guaranteed to be squelched?

It was actually inspired by the "Ask the Immam" thread, which I noticed got locked VERY quickly.

So now, we can't even discuss what other people of other religions are saying about their own religion?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:00:46 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My Jewish friend is still working on it.  It is VERY funny, but the problem that I foresee is that the spoof does mention Islam.  Therefore, someone will get their panties in a wad and say it is derogatory to Islam.  

So, if someone tells a joke that starts "A priest, a rabbi, and an Immam walk into a bar", is it guaranteed to be squelched?

It was actually inspired by the "Ask the Immam" thread, which I noticed got locked VERY quickly.

So now, we can't even discuss what other people of other religions are saying about their own religion?

If you don't post it, be sure to im me a link or sumpin.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:01:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you don't post it, be sure to im me a link or sumpin.

Ah, like the time I sent you the pictures of the dead hook. . . . . er . . . . fish, yeah, the dead hooker-fish.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:07:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
what are moonies?

is that the church of that korean guy?  aren't they nominally christian?

Sun Yung Moon or something,he owns Kahr Arms.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top