Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2006 11:50:11 AM EDT
... women reported on average 8.6 lifetime sexual partners. The men claimed 31.9.

Livescience.com sex study.  Man... I'm waaaaaay behind.  I lost my virginity at age 16 to the same person I married 31 years ago and she has been my only sex partner.  Although I'm way behind the curve, I think I'll stay monogomous.  I love her and don't care about bimbo sex.

lawdog

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:52:17 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I love her and don't care about bimbo sex.

Don't knock it till you try it

JK. I agree with you.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:52:17 AM EDT
[#2]
posting in a lawdog thread
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:54:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Can 'ye smell it??
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:55:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:56:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I can count on one hand how many I've had, I'm with my last currently. I don't want any intimacy from any other woman on the planet.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:56:38 AM EDT
[#6]
The numbers I've heard are that typcial male has between 6 and 10 sexual partners.  The 31.9 number must go of the number of partners a man claims he has and doesn't factor in the rule of 3...which if factored in gets you back down to 10.

Question on the number of sexual partners does getting a blowjob from somone count?  If so that doubles my number right there.  Also in my conversations with women they don't count oral sex and most don't count one night stands!  That's why the female rule of 3 is a multiplier of the number of partners they claim and not a divisor like the mens is.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:57:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
... women reported on average 8.6 lifetime sexual partners. The men claimed 31.9.

both are lying.....

women have waaayyy more partners  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:57:19 AM EDT
[#8]
AVERAGE

You just left more for the rest of us-someone out there had to make up for your "shortcomings"
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:57:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

THEN you have to apply "sex math" to those numbers.  Once you do, it makes sense.

-Troy

Also known as the rule of "men are bigger sex liars."

Promiscuous men are studs. Promiscuous women are whores.

Generally, i take the number of sexual conquests claimed on Arfcom, and divide by 100, and figure I'm not too far overstated.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:59:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Question on the number of sexual partners does getting a b***job from somone count?

Former President Clinton says it does not.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:00:59 PM EDT
[#11]
obviously they are both lying. How can the men have much more partners? it takes two to tango, therefor the answer should be 20.25 for men and 20.25 for women too.

It happens because the men inflate the number in order to make themselves more manly, the women cut the number in half so that they dont appear to be a slut.

its in the math.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:01:57 PM EDT
[#12]
opps, guess I just type slow. 3 other people pointed out the disconnect
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:02:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Someone needs to make a poll

news.yahoo.com/s/space/20060217/sc_space/whymenreportmoresexpartnersthanwomen;_ylt=Au6AoE56Jti8FT7nKqOxbBADW7oF;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Most surveys about sex find impossibly that men have had far more partners than women, typically two to four times as many.

Either there are a bunch of phantom females out there, or somebody is lying.

Or perhaps men just have lousy memories.

Psychologist Norman R. Brown at the University of Michigan has done several studies on the apparent flaw in these surveys. The latest was a web-based survey of 2,065 heterosexual non-virgins with a median age in their late 40s.

The women reported on average 8.6 lifetime sexual partners. The men claimed 31.9.

Rather than let it go at that, Brown and his colleagues later in the survey asked the participants to rate the truthfulness of their response. About 5 percent said they lied. In addition, more than 10 percent said they knew their answer wasn't accurate.
"They gave an answer and then two minutes later admitted they had lied about the answer," Brown said.

But there's more to the discrepancy. Men and women use different methods to calculate their past dalliances.

Women rely on a raw count, a method Brown says is known to result in underestimation.

"They tend to say, 'I just know,' and if you ask them to explain how they know, they say, 'Well, there was John, Tom, etc.'"

Men also rely on a flawed strategy.

"Men are twice as likely to use rough approximation to answer the question," Brown said. "And rough approximation is a strategy known to produce over-estimation."

Then again, maybe Brown's study is flawed, too.

His next survey will be done by telephone, to find out if people lie and fudge as much in that medium, or if the Web-based surveys invite such behavior. The self-proclaimed liars "could be liars who lie about lying," he said.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:04:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
obviously they are both lying. How can the men have much more partners? it takes two to tango, therefor the answer should be 20.25 for men and 20.25 for women too.

It happens because the men inflate the number in order to make themselves more manly, the women cut the number in half so that they dont appear to be a slut.

its in the math.

You mean it is in the sample data.  The math maybe right, but the numers that the formula is run against are wrong.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:05:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The numbers I've heard are that typcial male has between 6 and 10 sexual partners.  The 31.9 number must go of the number of partners a man claims he has and doesn't factor in the rule of 3...which if factored in gets you back down to 10.

Question on the number of sexual partners does getting a blowjob from somone count?  If so that doubles my number right there.  Also in my conversations with women they don't count oral sex and most don't count one night stands!  That's why the female rule of 3 is a multiplier of the number of partners they claim and not a divisor like the mens is.

Maxim had a poll and most guys said something around 5 which I thought was really low.  32 sounds really high for an average though.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:08:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Waiting for Bama-Shooter to comment on this thread
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:09:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Wait a minute here...

If the average woman is only having sex with 8 DIFFERENT men in their lives, then how in the hell can the average man be having sex with 32 DIFFERENT women? The populations of men and women in this country are almost 1 to 1.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:13:45 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Wait a minute here...

If the average woman is only having sex with 8 DIFFERENT men in their lives, then how in the hell can the average man be having sex with 32 DIFFERENT women? The populations of men and women in this country are almost 1 to 1.

Mean average.

If you have 100 women and 90 of then have sex with one guy and the other 10 have sex with 50... your average is 5.9.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:22:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Honestly, I don't think that poll is being honest.  Women by far, have more sexual partiners than men do.  I'm not joking.  They are all sluts when they want to be, but they put that good girl act on when they find a guy they want to mooch off of marry.  Then they put on the "hard to get" routine so that the guy won't think that they were a slut.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:25:24 PM EDT
[#20]
If a man claims to have been with about 30 women, he's been with about 8.

If a woman claimed to have been with about 8 men, she's been with about 30.

My penis is not really comparable to that of a horse's.

Accept these facts and get on with your life.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:38:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Honestly, I don't think that poll is being honest.  Women by far, have more sexual partiners than men do.  I'm not joking.  They are all sluts when they want to be, but they put that good girl act on when they find a guy they want to mooch off of marry.  Then they put on the "hard to get" routine so that the guy won't think that they were a slut.

Must be at the low end of the bell curve
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:48:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Women cut their number in half, and men double theirs.

For example; If a woman says she's had sex with five men, she's probably been with ten. If a guy says he's been with 10 women, he's probably been with five.

So if a girl says she's been with 8 men, she's probably been with 16. If a guy says he's been with 32, it's probably 16. I'm guessing this was Troy's point as the numbers are significantly close.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:29:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The bell curve has two low ends.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:31:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Well....I hate to say it but I've evidently made up for a lot of others .

Bomber
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Livescience.com sex study.  Man... I'm waaaaaay behind.  I lost my virginity at age 16 to the same person I married 31 years ago and she has been my only sex partner.  Although I'm way behind the curve, I think I'll stay monogomous.  I love her and don't care about bimbo sex.

lawdog

Staying monogamous and having bimbo sex is not mutally exclusive -- you can have your pie and eat it too.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:43:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Lawdog-

Are you forgetting to count the alien who gave you your anal probe  during your 'alien abduction' as one of your 'partners'?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:43:22 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The bell curve has two low ends.

What if it is an inverted bell curve.. so the extreams are people who get none and a lot.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:52:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Well based on the old adage that women understate by 50% and men overstate by 50% it should come out to

Women 17

Men 15

Sounds about right and accounts for the lying 10% and the phantom women.

You also need to take into consideration the age of the person questioned.

Somebody in their mid 40's or 50's could easily chalk up over 20 partners, especially if that person spent 5 years partying his ass off in Korea in his younger days (guilty) or was a flower child in the free love times of the 60's or 70's (not guilty).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top