Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2006 4:26:54 AM EDT
How do I make it so that every IE or FF window I open is "maximised" by default.  Sometimes it opens maxed, most times not.  Doesn't seem to matter how I close it or direct it to be maxed then close.

Any hints?

thanks,

Merlin
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:29:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Right click on the icon and hit "properties" then set it to Run= maximized
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:39:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Dont quote me on this, but I am pretty sure that new IE windows open the same way that the last one was closed (If window is maxmized when closed, it will run maximized, if closed at 3/4 size, will open at 3/4s).  Not a computer guru by any means, but pretty sure about this...or just do what UH_Salt_Rifle said.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:13:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Right click on the icon and hit "properties" then set it to Run= maximized

I've looked and looked and don't see any "Run = " in the properties windows.  I'm on Windows XP Professional.

Cowboy, tried that multiple times, doesn't work.

Thanks,

Merlin
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:35:32 AM EDT
[#4]
there was a thread about this yesterday in the GD.   but the search isn't finding it

pretty much what you do it open a window drag the corners as far out as you can.  but do not click the maximize button.  

once you stretch the window close it and reopen and it will remember the last window sizing
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:22:52 AM EDT
[#5]
When you right click on the icon and go to properties you should see this screen......

Next to the red arrows is what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:27:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
When you right click on the icon and go to properties you should see this screen......

img155.imageshack.us/img155/4839/clipimage0020ce.jpg

that wil only work if you are clicking on a shortcut.

so if your ie icon is not a shortcut .   go to start then all programs find ie, right click on it and drag it to a spot on the desktop.    then follow      Uh_salt_rifles's  instructions
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:13:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

img155.imageshack.us/img155/4839/clipimage0020ce.jpg

Ok, tried that with my file/folder shortcuts and it works, thanks.

Now, how about the IE and FF links/shortcuts?  The "properties" window looks nothing like yours above.

Thanks,

Merlin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top