Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 4:52:23 PM EDT
Anyone know any places that have large selections of .22 target rifles?  They have to be bolt guns with 5 round magazines, iron sights.  I have been searching high and low and haven't found what I am looking for. Any help would be appreciated.

-Ben
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:05:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out the CMP. They have a bunch of really nice biathalon type target 22's.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:07:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I think you want the Russian type of straight pull back action.  Not the bolt action guns that they sell at CMP.  I dont think you can shoot regular bolt actions as fast.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:08:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Try www.nealjguns.com

Be warned, the sticker shock is impressive.

SRM
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#4]
www.champchoice.com is for the affordable rifles.

My choice was the Marlin Model 2000.

My .o2
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:14:03 PM EDT
[#5]
2500-3000 isn't that bad. I was expecting more
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:14:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Only problem with the CMP rifles is I need a rifle that accepts 5 round magazines.  They have some nice single shot .22 rifles though.  I have looked at some of the other sites you guys posted.  Got anymore?  Thanks for the response so far.

-Ben
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:51:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Are you sure you want a bolt-action?  Last I heard, the latest thing in those rifles was to have a lever-action system where the pistol-grip rotated to cycle the action.  This allowed the shooter to maintain hand position between shots, thus shooting faster.  Spiffy idea IMHO.

Then again, maybe they've changed the rules since those came out, to "level the playing field" again.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:24:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Here is an explanation of some of the newer technology. I'd make sure I was only shooting some of these rifles in the COLD. See the paragraph on bore size vs. temp. I know, most of us don't shoot that good.  Some do though. Interesting section on the Kricko and Fortner actions.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:07:12 AM EDT
[#9]
The Biathlon and Biathlon Basic rifles that RAA sells are toggle-bolts, a straight-pull handle on the right side. The downside (for roughly ten percent of us) is that they are right-hand only.

The Biathlon Basics are (~$230) sporters that use the regular Biathlon action; people who have them say they are very accurate without any work at all. And the toggle-bolt is very handy.
~
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:11:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I got my Anschutz 1903 from champion shooter supply.  I was living in the cincinnati area at the time and decided to make the drive.  Great bunch of people up there and they have all you need to get you ready to rock

GOOD LORD.  I paid about 700 for my 1903 back in 2002 and about 200 for the sights.  My weapon now goes for around 900 and the sigts are over 300.  

I need to find a 3 Pos league to shoot in cause I bought the rifle with the hopes of getting back into smallbore like I did in highschool.  I have maybe 75 rounds put through that weapon.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:25:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Are you sure you want a bolt-action?  Last I heard, the latest thing in those rifles was to have a lever-action system where the pistol-grip rotated to cycle the action.  This allowed the shooter to maintain hand position between shots, thus shooting faster.  Spiffy idea IMHO.

Then again, maybe they've changed the rules since those came out, to "level the playing field" again.

It has to be a bolt action for Biathlon under the IBAs rules.

-Ben
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top