Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2001 8:19:57 PM EDT
which preban AR is closest to m16a2 config?
I want one that looks exactly like the m16a2 as possible. How much would one of these run?
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 8:22:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Colt AR15-A2
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 8:30:16 PM EDT
[#2]
where can you find a Colt AR-15a2?
how much are they?
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 9:32:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I would say a Pre-Ban Bushmaster would be your way to go.

To get a Colt Marked AR15 you would have to go back to Green label gun and will probably get stuck with non std. Front Pivot pin and slab sided receiver over the re-inforced mag fence of the military A2 guns.

Get a later Colt 6601 and you could either get slab side/ sear block, no bayonet lug,over sized trigger group pins or any goofy combination of the above.

Get the Bushmaster and the only thing missing will be the machining needed to accept the full auto sear.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Aside from the aforementioned screwed-up pin on the front of my gun, I believe the R6551 that I have is close in profile (heavy in front, light under the handguards, A2 sights and flash hider, etc.) to the current issue.

AFARR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top