Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2006 1:48:59 PM EDT
What kind of knife would you pack for edc since taking my glock is out of the question.

I am going to visit some friends for 10 days near Durbin.

Seriously, I am going to feel naked without my Glock 26!!!

patsue
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:51:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure knives are legal to carry?
I know nothing about South Africa law but I suggest you look into it before bringing a weapon.
I had wanted to buy a certain knife in Austria but then learned it would have been illegal to bring it back. Whats legal in one country isnt neccesarily in another...even knives.

Do some homework and enjoy a safe trip.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:57:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Spear?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:01:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Doesn't south africa have the highest rates of homicide and rape in the world? Maybe that's columbia
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:05:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Doesn't south africa have the highest rates of homicide and rape in the world? Maybe that's columbia

I think it may be South Africa. They've made knocking each other off the national pastime.

Hat's off to Nelson Mandela! What an outstanding job flushing that country down the toilet.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:08:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought you could carry a pistol in SA. There were some suggestions about it on a South African tourist site years ago-ie don't carry your handgun in a purse or satchel notattached to your body as it could be stolen Course maybe that was a few too many years ago tomean anything anymore.

I've heard there's some good mountain biking and hunting there, but I don't think I'd be up for that trip.

I'm not big into knives, but if it's legal carry a fixed blade, I don't think many people can get those flip open knives open quick enough in a real world confrontation. Best of luck to you, and stay safe.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:16:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I thought you could carry a pistol in SA. There were some suggestions about it on a South African tourist site years ago-ie don't carry your handgun in a purse or satchel notattached to your body as it could be stolen Course maybe that was a few too many years ago tomean anything anymore..

That was probably before SA became a shithole.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:17:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I think it may be South Africa. They've made knocking each other off the national pastime.

Hat's off to Nelson Mandela! What an outstanding job flushing that country down the toilet.

Mandela is proof that that the media can make even a terrorist into a "hero".
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:17:55 PM EDT
[#9]
That's why the farthest i go outside the US is to canada.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:18:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Just thank Nelson Mandela for that feeling of fear.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:19:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Contact John Farnam at www.defense-training.com

He does a lot of training down there and he might be able to hook you up with something better or at the very least give you a good threat briefing.

aa

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:19:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I think columbia holds the record for kidnapping.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:25:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Just smile, give the Vulcan sign of greeting:

And say, "Jambo, fisi!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top