Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2006 12:49:01 PM EDT
TOPEKA -- Law-abiding Kansans could carry concealed guns under a bill that passed the Senate by enough votes Thursday to override a veto by Gov. Kathleen Sebelius, who spiked a similar measure two years ago.

Kansas CCW news
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:01:25 PM EDT
[#1]
It still has to pass the house by a big enough margin to override the Lady Guv'nr but it sounds like it has a pretty good chance.  I was arrested (first offense ever) for mary jane possession back in July so I don't know if I'd pass anyway.  No conviction, just a big payoff to the state (diversion) so I'll have to ask the local Sheriff about that one.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:08:08 PM EDT
[#2]
That's great news.  I can't wait to start cappin peeps.    It will be quite a bitch slap when the house passes this with enough votes to override the governers VETO power.

pw3n3d
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That's great news.  I can't wait to start cappin peeps.    It will be quite a bitch slap when the house passes this with enough votes to override the governers VETO power.

pw3n3d

wtf?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:09:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It still has to pass the house by a big enough margin to override the Lady Guv'nr but it sounds like it has a pretty good chance.  I was arrested (first offense ever) for mary jane possession back in July so I don't know if I'd pass anyway.  No conviction, just a big payoff to the state (diversion) so I'll have to ask the local Sheriff about that one.

if you weren't convicted of anything, does it even go on your record or show up on a background check?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:11:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

pw3n3d

wtf?

+1.

I hope this doesn't go the same direction it did in Wisconsin. Be prepared for a few turncoats when it comes time to override the governor's veto.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:14:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

pw3n3d

wtf?

Good, I'm glad it passed very well.  Now we just need those crazy Reps to pass it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:17:29 PM EDT
[#7]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
It still has to pass the house by a big enough margin to override the Lady Guv'nr but it sounds like it has a pretty good chance. I was arrested (first offense ever) for mary jane possession back in July so I don't know if I'd pass anyway. No conviction, just a big payoff to the state (diversion) so I'll have to ask the local Sheriff about that one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you weren't convicted of anything, does it even go on your record or show up on a background check?

Something showed up, I got delayed for a week buying a 9mm.  I also was passed to buy a AR15 at a gun show, but they called the fundealer a week later and denied me.  That's a story for another thread...

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:19:57 PM EDT
[#8]
But sponsoring Sen. Phil Journey sees it differently.

''It's either go against the governor or go against their district,'' said Journey, R-Haysville.

One Democrat, Sen. Jim Barone of Frontenac, said he would go against the governor.

''I have on this issue before and I will again,'' he said.

I just found 2 new favorite Congresscritters I love.
State Sen. Greta Goodwin, D-Winfield, voted against the bill.
''The reality is this isn't a vote about the governor or the elections. It's a vote about freedom,'' Journey said. ''It's about the freedom of Kansans to protect themselves and their families.''

Not everyone agreed.

Sen. Roger Reitz, R-Manhattan, said the bill would result in accidental injuries and deaths.

''I reject his arguments out of hand,'' Reitz said. ''Handguns are for killing people.''

And 2 I hate.

If it fails, I am SPECIFICALLY writing those 2 wanerfucks and expressing my rather harsh criticism of their abilities as people who are supposed to follow the Constitution as a guide for making laws.  Fuckin Douchie McDoucheDouche's.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:30:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It still has to pass the house by a big enough margin to override the Lady Guv'nr but it sounds like it has a pretty good chance. I was arrested (first offense ever) for mary jane possession back in July so I don't know if I'd pass anyway. No conviction, just a big payoff to the state (diversion) so I'll have to ask the local Sheriff about that one.

Something showed up, I got delayed for a week buying a 9mm.  I also was passed to buy a AR15 at a gun show, but they called the fundealer a week later and denied me.  That's a story for another thread...

you got denied because of not being convicted for a crime that isn't even a felony?  that's whacked.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:49:38 PM EDT
[#10]

you got denied because of not being convicted for a crime that isn't even a felony? that's whacked.

I got "denied" but I still have my AR...the fundealer really wanted to keep the money and I really wanted to keep the gun.  It ended up being a private transaction rather than buying from a gun dealer.  The funny thing was that they passed me that day w/o delay, then called a few days later with the bad news.  I wanted to abide by the law, but my AR is too damn much fun.  The gun dealer, errr private citizen asked that I not shoot up any schools if possible.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:17:18 PM EDT
[#11]
wow

i'm surprised you admit all that so freely.

did you ever get an official reason as to why you were denied?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:24:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Its about freakin time.  Sebelius can kiss my pucker-hole now, the commie wench.
The only reason it will pass now is that it is an ELECTION year here in KS and all the commie libtards from the big cities want to keep cashing their paychecks for doing nothing....
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:25:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I filled out of the paperwork, wrote the check, sat there when they called it in, and smiled my new piece out to the parking lot.  They'd have to have to name a new law to get me in any trouble.  Anyway, its going to piss me off if I can't get my CCP w/ zero convictions on my record.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:50:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, I just moved from Nebraska to Kansas (Hutchinson), and this is definitely good news for me.  Now I have to figure out how I'm going to afford an XD40 subcompact.

Just how many KS shootes are there on this forum?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Well, I just moved from Nebraska to Kansas (Hutchinson), and this is definitely good news for me.  Now I have to figure out how I'm going to afford an XD40 subcompact.

I think 3
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:46:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm going to talk to my PO about it when the law finally passes.  She lives out in the country, as do I, and understands the reasons for protecting one's self when the cops are at least 10 minutes away.  I'll let you all know how it comes out.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:54:02 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

What ya do in Hutch?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:00:43 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

pw3n3d

wtf?

These?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:02:22 AM EDT
[#21]
It's a well known fact that everyone in Hutchinson Kansas is halfway to three quarters way in the middle of a meth makeover.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:50:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Called my antis today.  We need to get some calls in to these people and get this passed or throw the bums out.
I live in Manhattan, which I think is the new Lorents.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:49:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What ya do in Hutch?

I work in the Cath Lab at the hospital.  Y'know, folks who haven't taken care of their health and end up having chest pain come to us and we open up their coronary arteries.  Actually we do much more than that now -- we open up the arteries in their legs, also, sometimes preventing amputations.

I just started there in November, and now that my orientation period is up, they are buying me a set of lead protective wear.  I got to pick a logo to have embroidered on the chest pocket, so what did I choose?   Guess...

And no, not everyone here is on a meth makeover, although we have had two murders in the past month and a half related to drugs.

edited cuz I kant spel
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:00:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Called my antis today. We need to get some calls in to these people and get this passed or throw the bums out.
I live in Manhattan, which I think is the new Lorents.

Don't bother calling Reitz, just back whoever runs against him in the next election.  I'm in Manhattan too, and it just can't be the new Lorents.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:36:50 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What ya do in Hutch?

I work in the Cath Lab at the hospital.  Y'know, folks who haven't taken care of their health and end up having chest pain come to us and we open up their coronary arteries.  Actually we do much more than that now -- we open up the arteries in their legs, also, sometimes preventing amputations.

I just started there in November, and now that my orientation period is up, they are buying me a set of lead protective wear.  I got to pick a logo to have embroidered on the chest pocket, so what did I choose?   Guess...

And no, not everyone here is on a meth makeover, although we have had two murders in the past month and a half related to drugs.

edited cuz I kant spel

Ahh....that's cool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top