Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 10:55:00 AM EDT
Other than going through the nightmare of transporting my AR VArmint with me on a plane, what are some other options available to me.
Can I ship it  to the outfitters address with myself as the recipient and mark it "Care of" whomever my contact is?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:40:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Other than going through the nightmare of transporting my AR VArmint with me on a plane, what are some other options available to me.
Can I ship it  to the outfitters address with myself as the recipient and mark it "Care of" whomever my contact is?

You can send it to yourself in care of the outfitter.  They should be familiar with the procedure due to the nature of their business.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:45:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:26:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm looking into a prarie dog hunt out west with my dad.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:02:44 AM EDT
[#4]
It's no big deal. Just check it as baggage. Tell the counter person that you are checking a firearm and they will call a tsa monkey to come and look at it. You then lock up the gun case and it gets loaded like the other checked baggage. Ammo goes in a seperate checked bag.

When you arrive at your destination go to the "special baggage claim" area. Your gun case will be waiting for you there. They hand carry it to that counter so tht it does not have to ride on the carosell.

It is that simple. The fun part is hearing the people in line behind you gasp when you tell the ticket agent that you want to check a rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top