Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 5:20:35 AM EDT
This is what Gumballs  said at the end of his hbo show this week. I guess if your black you cant possibly be racist. ( is that a lockable statement ?)

"Finally, tonight, the Winter Games. Count me among those who don’t care about them and won’t watch them ... Because they’re so trying ... Like, try not to be incredulous when someone attempts to link these games to those of the ancient Greeks who never heard of skating or skiing. So try not to laugh when someone says these are the world’s greatest athletes, despite a paucity of blacks that makes the Winter Games look like a GOP convention. Try not to point out that something’s not really a sport if a pseudo-athlete waits in what’s called a kiss-and-cry area, while some panel of subjective judges decides who won ... So if only to hasten the arrival of the day they’re done, when we can move on to March Madness — for God’s sake, let the games begin."

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:22:14 AM EDT
[#1]
He's black.  Not racist by definition...

- CD
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:23:51 AM EDT
[#2]
His blathering statements only confirm that HE is the racist.  

CMOS
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:23:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't watch TV
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:30:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I don't watch TV

^

My television viewing is getting less and less all the time.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:34:57 AM EDT
[#5]
These days I restrict my TV viewing to DVDs of The Shield, ATHF, Soap, Buffy, Angel,
and movies here and there.  

Y'know, I cancelled Cable about two months ago, and, I'll be damned, but, I don't
really miss it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:36:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't watch TV

^

same here.    its all the same, no one is creative anymore
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:37:59 AM EDT
[#7]
"...for God’s sake, let the games begin."

___

Never part of the Olympics, though perhaps he should be thrown in with the lions!

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:43:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:43:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Y'know, I cancelled Cable about two months ago, and, I'll be damned, but, I don't
really miss it.

Three years for us now.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:20:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
really miss it.

Three years for us now.

We just have basic cable for $14 a month. We are debating about keeping that.

I wrote to HBO and told them to can that asshat.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:30:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Shit man, who's he trying to fool?

Bryant Gumbal isn't black either!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:43:34 AM EDT
[#12]
But Gumbel to Gumbel is my favorite cop show!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:50:05 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
These days I restrict my TV viewing to DVDs of The Shield, ATHF, Soap, Buffy, Angel,

really miss it.

WHAT!!? No 24!!?  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:54:28 AM EDT
[#14]

"Try not to laugh when someone says these are the world’s greatest athletes, despite a paucity of blacks that makes the Winter Games look like a GOP convention."

Comment from another blog:

Imagine Bill O'Reilly saying, "I refuse to watch the NBA because it looks like a NAACP convention."

Bryant Gumbel has been one of the biggest racist fucking asshole political hacks on TV for over 15 years - Media Research Center Bryant Gumball Page

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:55:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Bryant Gumball doesn't care about white people.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:15:45 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
when we can move on to March Madness — for God’s sake, let the games begin."

Basketball?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:25:56 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

really miss it.

WHAT!!? No 24!!?  

Nah.  That show annoys me.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:32:37 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

"Try not to laugh when someone says these are the world’s greatest athletes, despite a paucity of blacks that makes the Winter Games look like a GOP convention."

Imagine Bill O'Reilly saying, "I refuse to watch the NBA because it looks like a NAACP convention."

Bryant Gumbel has been one of the biggest racist fucking asshole political hacks on TV for over 15 years - Media Research Center Bryant Gumball Page

More like "I refuse to watch the NBA because it looks like the Pelican Bay prison yard."

And the color of there skin is only a small portion of that statement, like the tatoos and thug gang attitude.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:36:02 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
really miss it.

Three years for us now.

We just have basic cable for $14 a month. We are debating about keeping that.

I wrote to HBO and told them to can that asshat.

I keep it for Adult Swim, Sci-Fi, and History Channel.

Nothing else on TV.  Hell, I only watch 4 shows a week (BSG, Evangelion, Ghost in the Shell, and Mail call occasionally).  If I wanted to, I could just d'load the shows from torrent and screw the dish.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:16:30 AM EDT
[#20]
He has always been a conservative bashing, Ronald Reagan hating liberal.  

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:20:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Another angry black man.
His problem lies in the mirror.
Busted down to doing HBO specials instead of network gigs.
Die you pompous asshole  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:21:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Isn't he the dude that called somebody an asshole on live TV (CBS Morning show)?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:26:42 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Isn't he the dude that called somebody an asshole on live TV (CBS Morning show)?

Remember something about hime heckling and taunting Quayle at a Celeb golf ttournament somewhere a while back.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:27:37 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I think a few years back he called someone a "fucking idiot" on that show yes.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:31:10 AM EDT
[#25]
ahhhh looked around HBO's website and what do ya know, no email address for this dip-shit.  

So, by this racists comments the Winter Olympics are irrelevant because there's a lack of blacks in the sports played.  Well, you know what... I think March Madness is... [censored due to CoC issues].

~Dg84
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:38:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Calling Gumball an asshat is really being too kind when there are a lot of other words that start with "A" that are more fitting. ASSHOLE comes to mind right off the bat
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:50:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Maybe he should keep doing specials on the Bermuda triange until he's missing...
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:51:38 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
www.familyguyfiles.com/epics/thumbs/1ACX12_1.jpg

Mine too!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#29]
I thought Bryant Gumbel "acted" white according to the comedians (i.e. Dave Chappelle) and was the hero of Carlton Banks ....
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:16:34 PM EDT
[#30]
tagged for later perusal.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:56:59 PM EDT
[#31]
He is too articulate and cultured to be black and too pigmented to be white.  He is just another angry Yankee who hates NASCAR and all people who do not worship him.

He is, like the White House Press Corps, a prima donna.  No one cares about him and he is bitter about that, too.  The WHPC is very bitter that Cheney doesn't care about them.  This whole shooting incident and the so-called press coverage is nothing more than their anger at having their tutu's stepped on.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:00:20 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I thought Bryant Gumbel "acted" white according to the comedians (i.e. Dave Chappelle) and was the hero of Carlton Banks ....

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:37:55 PM EDT
[#33]
He is just another reason to despise HBO.  Fahrenheit 911 was on Showtime or one of those leftist entertainment channels.  I say fuck 'em all.  Check buyblue.org every week so you know who else to boycott.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:41:01 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
He is just another reason to despise HBO.  Fahrenheit 911 was on Showtime or one of those leftist entertainment channels.  I say fuck 'em all.  Check buyblue.org every week so you know who else to boycott.

Careful.

WalMart is on thier list
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:42:04 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

That is a fact!

You know he watched it so he could see his fuck/bitch lib friend Susan Surandon!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:42:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Racist white bitch (he ain't black, ya know)
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:52:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Wow, in one short speech he managed to badmouth
1. All the athletes in the winter games.
2. Every athlete, in the world, that isn't black.
3. All non black people in the world.
4. All black people that vote republican.
5. All republicans.
6. Any black athlete that tried and failed to go to the winter games. (If you tried and failed against  
   a bunch of white nonathletes, then you're not an athlete either.)
7. All people that like to watch the winter games.
8. All people that don't give a shit about basketball.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:13:04 PM EDT
[#39]
He crossed the line for me many many years ago, when he insulted readers of Soldier of Fortune magazine.

As far as TV in general, I have all but stopped watching TV for the past ten years now.  I'll occasionally watch Mail Call and BSG, but nothing else.  It is all a bunch of communist queer propaganda.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:14:38 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.familyguyfiles.com/epics/thumbs/1ACX12_1.jpg

Mine too!

+
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:17:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Your title is redundant. Gumbal is a known asshat (think back to the pre-AWB discussions on TV).

Despite his college education, and use of $2 words (incredulous, paucity), he's got the same two-bit mindset of the high school drop out ghetto dwellers I deal with daily.

I'm wouldn't be surprised if he believes that Dr. Rice isn't "black enough" as well.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:21:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Goonboss - The higher on their list the more I like the company.  They recommend.  I boycott.  They boycott.  I go there.  This is the site the DU zombies go to before they buy anything.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:40:44 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

despite a paucity of blacks that makes the Winter Games look like a GOP convention.

Yet his cocksucking ass married a white woman! Go figure.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:54:48 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
This is what Gumballs  said at the end of his hbo show this week. I guess if your black you cant possibly be racist. ( is that a lockable statement ?)

"Finally, tonight, the Winter Games. Count me among those who don’t care about them and won’t watch them ... Because they’re so trying ... Like, try not to be incredulous when someone attempts to link these games to those of the ancient Greeks who never heard of skating or skiing. So try not to laugh when someone says these are the world’s greatest athletes, despite a paucity of blacks that makes the Winter Games look like a GOP convention. Try not to point out that something’s not really a sport if a pseudo-athlete waits in what’s called a kiss-and-cry area, while some panel of subjective judges decides who won ... So if only to hasten the arrival of the day they’re done, when we can move on to March Madness — for God’s sake, let the games begin."

I feel violated.  My civil rights were abused by this man.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:16:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Didn't his kid get busted for drugs a while back??????? No doubt set up by The Man.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:35:55 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

taking out that one clause, I agree with most of what he said.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:42:08 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Wait, I'm confused, if he's talking about a lack of Blacks, shouldn't he be talking about the Democrat National Convention? Can anyone name the last black person that a Democrat put in a position of power? (crickets)

Oh wait, I forgot. The black people that Republicans put in positions of power aren't really black because they aren't flaming Liberals. See, blackness is defined not by the color of your skin, but by the amount of time you spend worshipping Bill Clinton.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:47:50 PM EDT
[#48]

Bryant gumballs is an asshat  

Well....... No shit
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:49:15 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't watch TV

^

+1
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:47:13 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I don't remember the ancient greeks playing basketball either, does he think that is a legit Olympic Sport?

ASSHAT  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top