Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 4:02:16 AM EDT
What should I do if I get orders to a place like CA, NJ, etc. If I am AD military will the state allow me to bring my stuff, Beta mags, drums, under folders, AR's, "high" cap mags, etc. Will the military store all my stuff in non temp storage if I go to a "ban" state.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:03:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:21:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I had the same question when it looked like I was going to get orders to Camp Pendelton, CA.  At the that time I went ahead and contacted the California DOJ and was told that I could get an exemption approved and legally bring "assault weapons" and "high capacity" magazines into the state.  If I recall correctly, however, I had to pay an administrative fee of some sort that was around $200.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:40:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I'll try to get orders to a gun friendly state, if not, there goes my SBR tax stamp money.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:21:52 AM EDT
[#4]
When I was active duty I just left my crap at my parent's place.  I couldn't stand going through the hassle of having to check the stuff in and out of the Arms Room (and be there during monthly inventories). Now when I lived offpost; that was a different story.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top