Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 12:17:29 AM EDT
Here is my experience with 82'nd....He bailed me out of my biggest gaffe on Arfcom!

Laugh WITH me please.

So I start a thread...I was thinking about buying this really pretty gun, and was getting teased by gun friends. So I asked Arf what they thought.

Right away I started getting teased about buying a gun for the way it looked. I TRIED to be a good sport, and went along with the ribbing. About 6 pages in, I was asked if I needed a leopard thigh holster to go with my gun...I laughed.  

Then I was asked if I needed...

I'll stop here to say...You guys NEED a dictionary for NORMAL things, that you have made all preverted. I speak Tiffany, you all speak smut!

Well... I was asked if I needed a pearl necklace to go with my super cute pearl handled gun.

WHAT was I supposed to think???? I DO have pearls, damnit! NICE ones!!

sigh.

So I replied "Why YES I DO!!"

DrFrige immediatly IM'ed me and said "Do you KNOW what you just SAID"?!? And me...picturing my pearl strand,  told him "Sure"  My pearls will go nicely with that gun...

Well, he gave me the guy translation. My heart started RACING, and I raced back in to EDIT!!

But it was too late. I'd been quoted. And the fire was starting...I IM'ed the person that quoted me, begging him to erase his post...he did, but HE had been quoted by then....

82'nd came in right away, cleaned everything up, and I was able to stay here on arf.

Love you 82'nd!

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:19:35 AM EDT
[#1]
So, do you like the leopard holster?

Let's not have a wake, he ain't dead.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:20:52 AM EDT
[#2]

I missed that one, but the thought of it is hilarious.

While backa friend of mine made a comment about the 'subject nature' of the song on the radio: Pearl Necklace by ZZ Top; his girlfriend had no idea what he was talking about.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:21:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So, do you like the leopard holster?

It would work with the gun in question.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:22:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

While backa friend of mine made a comment about the 'subject nature' of the song on the radio: Pearl Necklace by ZZ Top; his girlfriend had no idea what he was talking about.

For god's sake don't spell it out, 82nd will clean up this thread too.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:22:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

EVERYTIME I have mentioned this, guys have said "What about ZZtops Pearl necklace" LIKE I'm supposed to get that.

I DANCE to that...I don't try to get the meaning!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:28:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Hey lady !  

So, did you ever GET that shiny new toy ??    Been wondering ever since we spiffed up your avatar, that night.

If so, we need pics !  

Nice to see you back, btw    you were missed.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:28:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I think I remember that thread, it was a SA 1911A1 in stainless with pearl grips, right? FYI, I thought it was pretty. Nothing wrong with a girl getting a pretty gun, hell many guys have them as well. Patton had pretty guns, by god!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:34:01 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hey lady !  
So, did you ever GET that shiny new toy ??    Been wondering ever since we spiffed up your avatar, that night.

If so, we need pics !  

Hey JB!

FUNNIEST thing...

I was at Shot show this weekend, and who do I run in to?? My local gun store guys!

The recognized me, and I hear this "Dawn" from a mile away! Those guys crack me up! So the manager guy says that he had JUST been thinking of me, as he had been to the Springfield thing, and talked to the Springfield guys.  The gun is no longer made, but he said he browbeat the Springfield guy to come up with one for me!

I hope to get it soon, I've been waiting FOREVER, and I've already paid for the thing!

I HAVE to have that gun!

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:40:49 AM EDT
[#9]
you ever take my advice about the thigh holster?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:48:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
you ever take my advice about the thigh holster?

Duct tape?

It does work...
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:49:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey lady !  

If so, we need pics !  

Hey JB!

FUNNIEST thing...

I was at Shot show this weekend, and who do I run in to?? My local gun store guys!

The recognized me, and I hear this "Dawn" from a mile away! Those guys crack me up! So the manager guy says that he had JUST been thinking of me, as he had been to the Springfield thing, and talked to the Springfield guys.  The gun is no longer made, but he said he browbeat the Springfield guy to come up with one for me!

I hope to get it soon, I've been waiting FOREVER, and I've already paid for the thing!

I HAVE to have that gun!

Sweet    Hope they get it for ya !    

Of course they'd recognize YOU    I have no doubt you make those boy's day when you visit.

Looking forward to pics of the shiny new toy  Hell, maybe I'll doctor up your pic, with them toon glasses and the .45, to boot !

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:09:18 AM EDT
[#12]

that's all I have to say
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:11:51 AM EDT
[#13]
tag for evidence if I need some later.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:37:23 AM EDT
[#14]
That's okay, you're not alone. My sisters never got Pearl Necklace or Roxanne until I started singing along one day. My (horribly offkey) lyrics were a little easier to understand than the songs themselves.

Shoulda seen the looks on their faces when they caught on.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:48:34 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
<sticky tale of woe>

Oh man! With you and the Gabster both in chat now this is going to get really good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top