Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/11/2001 7:04:11 PM EDT
     PENSACOLA, FLORIDA -- PETA today announced that Jessie Arbogast, the 11-year-old boy bitten by a bull shark July 6, "got what he
     deserved."

"A coma's too good for him," said PETA spokesperson Neil List. "The price for his life is that an innocent shark is now dead."

Arbogast was injured as he attacked a defenseless bull shark after invading its home. When Arbogast kicked and splashed in water near the
     shark, the animal acted in self-defense and ate Arbogast's right arm. Not content to accept this fair payback of amputation for criminal
     trespassing, Arbogast's uncle wrestled the shark to the beach, removed the food from its mouth, and then killed the helpless animal in cold
     blood.

"Sharks live in the water-little boys don't," said List. "If this hooligan went into a neighbor's home uninvited, he would have been in big
     trouble. Yet he went into the shark's home and suddenly everybody blames the shark."

Hospital officials claim that young Arbogast has spent the last four weeks in a coma, though animal rights supporters suspect this is merely a
     front for the abhorrent sleeping habits of a lazy child.

"They have everything to gain, drumming up support for this little shark-murderer," said List. "For all we know, he's been on an
     animal-murdering spree since this incident happened-probably hunting, fishing, eating hamburgers, even keeping goldfish in a bowl."

PETA's condemnation of the shark murderer Arbogast joins a long and proud tradition of the group's opposition to other abusive
     organizations such as March of Dimes and events such as the Alaskan Iditarod; abusive holidays such as Easter; and general abuses such as
     wool sweaters, fishing, and milk.

Tragically, not all PETA campaigns are successful. "Alas, we failed in our recent effort to deny Timothy McVeigh a last meal that included
     meat. And that's a shame: Now he's killed a cow, and her blood cries up from the ground to us like a silent moo. Also, I understand that
     maybe he hurt some people in Oklahoma."

PETA spokesperson Neil List explained the organization's seemingly hypocritical silence on abortion. "Sure, we argue for
     animal rights by supporting the defense of all sentient life forms that cannot adequately defend themselves-the mentally disabled and children,
     for instance. But, come on, be reasonable. If we actually held to our
     principles and said abortion was wrong, too, how do you think that would go over with all our trendy friends? Do you seriously believe we'd
     get invited to parties anymore? Well, do you? Didn't think so."

List explained that the apparent hypocrisy is further avoided by "[making] it clear to others that to disagree with us is to be morally repugnant
     and, worse, terribly uncool. Anyway, if you do disagree with us, we will lobby the government to silence your freedom of speech. Not that
     we'd destroy your lab or anything, though we certainly won't condemn anyone for doing that."

"We feel that the best way to engage in rational persuasion is to line up the most informed folks we can find-you know, Pamela Anderson,
     James Cromwell, Steven Seagal, and the occasional topless or naked model."
     Propaganda, attitude and marketing to children -that's where it's at."

http://jewishworldreview.com/michael/long.html
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 7:34:06 PM EDT
[#1]
You know, that sounds almost like PETA.  But, they seem to be "over the edge."

I just looked around at their site at [url]http://www.peta.org[/url] and found nothing even remotely close to this story.  

I hate PETA; they are living proof that the average level of intelligence is falling in this country.  However, I can't hate anyone for something that they didn't do.

Are you ABSOLUTELY sure this came from PETA?  Or, is it a clever ruse?  [>:/]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 7:56:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

[b]Hmmmm  prebans[/b]I'm with you I think this the work of an over fertile imagination
and some creative writing[;)]but of than that it illustrating how F#$K crazy PETA is.
Oh by the way you PETA wussies while you where chewing on Alfa spouts and twigs,I ate a nice thick and bloody steak!yum yum  
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 7:56:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

The unfortunate part is that it was real enough like PETA that someone even had to ask....
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 8:12:07 PM EDT
[#4]
And that's a shame: Now he's killed a cow, and her blood cries up from the ground to us like a silent moo.
View Quote

LMAO! [:o)]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#5]
1- It's Bullshit, I know I'm a PETA member.
I really hate it when people lie to discredit groups they disagree with, Hey you should see if Sarah Brady needs a speech writer bud!
2- I'm also an NRA member so go figure...
3- I don't miss meat, It's unlikely I'll share your heart disease, colon cancer, food poisoning,hardening of the arteries, etc, etc, etc. so enjoy that steak. Watch me jog by you in your wheelchair at 70, (when I'm 70) if you live that long.
4- I sleep better at night knowing I caused no pain or suffering & I still had a great dinner.

I do disagree with many of the fringe elements and tactics that PETA uses, But it makes people think & really helps bring in new members.
I wish the NRA would dress up as rape victims and lay on the sidewalk in New York & other anti carry strongholds.
Ok now I feel better....[-!-!-]
BT
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 9:03:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

3- I don't miss meat, It's unlikely I'll share your heart disease, colon cancer, food poisoning,hardening of the arteries, etc, etc, etc. so enjoy that steak. Watch me jog by you in your wheelchair at 70, (when I'm 70) if you live that long.

BT
View Quote

No, you'll probably get hit by a truck or trip down the stairs and break your neck.

Eat healthy, live right, and DIE ANYWAY.

[-!-!-]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 9:18:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You know, that sounds almost like PETA.  But, they seem to be "over the edge."

I just looked around at their site at [url]http://www.peta.org[/url] and found nothing even remotely close to this story.  

I hate PETA; they are living proof that the average level of intelligence is falling in this country.  However, I can't hate anyone for something that they didn't do.

View Quote

I was wondering too, but it was just a bit toooooooo...I dunno, over the edge, even for PETA. Geez, I could see it though. These anthropomorphs put no value on human life when it interferes with the life of an animal-where are their heads at?

Juggernaut

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 10:24:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I dunno PETA says eat the whales. So, this might not be so far fetched.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 10:47:17 PM EDT
[#9]
MURDERERS!
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 10:58:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Pretty funny, sounds like something out of the Onion: [url]http://www.theonion.com/[/url]

Brookstexas, you're from Texas and you don't eat meat???  There's something wrong with you buddy...

Link Posted: 8/12/2001 2:36:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 4:01:20 AM EDT
[#12]
I really hate it when people lie to discredit groups they disagree with
View Quote

PETA is pretty good at making itself look ridiculous. I think it's the lack of B12.

Eddie
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 4:12:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Brookstexas sounds like a damn troll
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 4:36:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Bingo.  Jadam gets today's gold star.  Anyone who believes meat alone leads to an early death is a moronic troll.

Eddie
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 5:38:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I really hate it when people lie to discredit groups they disagree with, Hey you should see if Sarah Brady needs a speech writer bud!
4- I sleep better at night knowing I caused no pain or suffering & I still had a great dinner.

I do disagree with many of the fringe elements and tactics that PETA uses, But it makes people think & really helps bring in new members.
I wish the NRA would dress up as rape victims and lay on the sidewalk in New York & other anti carry strongholds.
BT
View Quote

What a dick!
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 5:46:53 AM EDT
[#16]
By peta standards if you walk into the bronx in a nice car you deserve to get robbed/killed or if your a girl walking around near horny men wearing tight clothes you deserve to get raped. Where do the rightwing fucknuts come from?
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 5:55:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Duh,

Doesn't PETA stand for

People
   Eating
   Tasty
   Animals

Yummy Shark steak on my grill this weekend!
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 5:58:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

BT
View Quote

First off, this guy has to be some type of Cali transplant. I have lived in Texas my entire life and I have never ever heard of a native Texan passing up a steak to eat some vegetables instead.

Secondly, my ancestors worked damn hard to get me to the top of the food chain and you've got to be some kind of idiot to think Im just going to give that up.

I for one say screw PETA.

Michael
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 9:17:05 AM EDT
[#19]

Secondly, my ancestors worked damn hard to get me to the top of the food chain and you've got to be some kind of idiot to think Im just going to give that up.

I for one say screw PETA.

Michael[/quote]

Mike,
Evolving would be going to a meatless diet.
Inbreeding a factor?
BT
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 9:19:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Duh,

Doesn't PETA stand for

People
   Eating
   Tasty
   Animals

Yummy Shark steak on my grill this weekend!
View Quote

Damn did you also want to tell everyone you invented that joke too? Or do you think we haven't ALL herad it a hundred times?
BT
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 9:34:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, I kinda agree with PETA this time, the shark is doing what nature was intending for it to do, eat.  I am no expert at sharks, but I don't agree with news media reports that sharks do not like eating humans, they will eat anything that it preceives as food, i.e. plastic bags that look like jelly fish, etc.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 9:42:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Too bad there's no market for PETA pelts.
View Quote

OH, I don't know, I saw one  awhile back on this forum in a cage that looked darn good
[sex]
KenS
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 9:44:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Actually, I invented the "People Eating Tasty Animals" joke.

Besides, after reading Brooks' reply things have become much clearer to me. Obviously the shark deserved to die because of its unwillingness to evolve. Had it simply evolved into a vegitarian it would have never bitten the boy or even been in the vicinity looking for food. It would have then been impossible for the boys uncle to catch the shark and wrestle it to shore. This is a great example of unevolution at its best!

Michael
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 10:01:25 AM EDT
[#24]

Mike,
Evolving would be going to a meatless diet.
Inbreeding a factor?
BT
View Quote

I hate to feed trolls but since he won't eat meat it probably doesn matter...

Define evolving.
If evolving means spending your time planning your diet or swallowing vitamin supplements so you won't die from malnutrition, be my guest.

Animals evolved to eat other animals because it's more efficient. No need to chew grass 18 hours a day when it comes nicely prepackaged as a cow. We can then spend the other ~15 hours doing meaningful stuff.
Evolution is freeing yourself from the burdens of survival.

I'm done being nice.
[-!-][-!-][-!-][-!-][-!-][-!-][-!-][-!-][-!-]
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 10:05:55 AM EDT
[#25]
What did you say anything for? He might not have known about the vitamin supplement thing.....
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 10:12:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Brook there is no proof to support your "Evolving would be going to a meatless diet" bullshit. No where has it been proved or ever staded in the scientific community that not eating meat is a more evolved choice. the only annimal that is close to us in evolution would be dolphons, which eat meat. Evolution does not care where you get protein aslong as you get it. Your statement is a farce. Realize every action you take during a day is probably killing a animal at this very instant. If you want to Imagine you eating letuce saved any annimals then realize this, that worker who picked it had to work longer and harder to fill your grocery basket so he had to eat more MEAT, or the driver who drove your food to the store ate MEAT. You either directly or indirectly kill animals.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 10:38:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What did you say anything for? He might not have known about the vitamin supplement thing.....
View Quote

[red][b][size=4]D'Oh![/red][/b][/size=4]
Shows you why you shouldn't feed trolls.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 10:53:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#29]

Define evolving.
If evolving means spending your time planning your diet or swallowing vitamin supplements so you won't die from malnutrition, be my guest.

Animals evolved to eat other animals because it's more efficient. No need to chew grass 18 hours a day when it comes nicely prepackaged as a cow. We can then spend the other ~15 hours doing meaningful stuff.
Evolution is freeing yourself from the burdens of survival.
I'm done being nice.
[-!-][-!-][-!-][-!-][-!-][-!-][-!-][-!-][-!-][/quote]

Where did you get your training in nutrition? You are so marketed & brainwashed by the meat & dairy industry that you believe that I need supplements? DO some research on lifespans in cultures that are mainly vegetarian. I suggest a start at www.vegsource.com
Evolving means mentally too, development of labor saving ways of doing things. I doubt you slaughter all your meals and make them from scratch anymore than I do, great timesaver argument "not". What planning my diet? Not anymore than you do.
BT

Link Posted: 8/12/2001 11:21:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Gee, we start talking about PETA and it just so happens there is the only guy in the world who belongs to both PETA and the NRA, and he just happens to come along just in time to post on this topic.......
TROLLLL
View Quote

I belong to the NRA because of the 2nd Amendment
lobby work they do. I don't have to eat meat to survive, where is the conflict?
Troll????? I have enough time in my day to search the boards here to see what the trailer trash, knuckle draggers write????? I apologize to the 10% of the folks here, who are able to think for themselves and are able to understand different folks have different outlooks on life.
I didn't start this thread remember & I dodn't like being stereotyped anymore than you do (see above trailer comment!)
BT
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 11:34:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Ok here is some more reply material, feel free to do you own research at the USDA site etc.
I also suggest www.vegsource.com for those really interested.

Don't humans have to eat meat to stay healthy?

Both the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the American Dietetic Association have endorsed vegetarian diets. Studies have also shown that vegetarians have stronger immune systems than meat-eaters and that meat-eaters are almost twice as likely to die of heart disease, 60 percent more likely to die of cancer, and 30 percent more likely to die of other diseases. The consumption of meat and dairy products has been conclusively linked with diabetes, arthritis, osteoporosis, clogged arteries, obesity, asthma, and impotence as well.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Don't vegetarians have difficulty getting enough protein?

In the United States, our problem is too much protein, not too little. Most Americans get about seven times as much protein as they need. You can get plenty of protein from whole wheat bread, oatmeal, beans, corn, peas--even mushrooms or broccoli. Almost every food contains protein. Unless you eat a great deal of junk food, it's almost impossible to eat as many calories as you need for good health without getting enough protein.
By contrast, too much protein is the major cause of osteoporosis and contributes to kidney failure and other diseases of affluence.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Eating meat is natural. It's been going on for thousands of years. We have evolved that way.

Actually, we have not evolved to eat meat. Carnivorous animals have curved fangs, claws, and a short digestive tract. Human beings have evolved without claws or fangs. We have flat molars and a long digestive tract better suited to a diet of vegetables, fruits, and grains. Eating meat is hazardous to our health; it contributes to heart disease, cancer, and a host of other health problems.

Link Posted: 8/12/2001 11:36:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 11:53:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 11:56:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Ahhhh, but you do endorse stereotyping by simply endorsing PETA and all of the bullshit that they spread.

Frankly, I could care less whether you eat meat or not. Actually, I would prefer everyone else to stop eating meat also. It would make my steaks cheaper, but thats for another thread. My point is not to molest vegitarians, but only to voice my dislike of PETA.

Its one thing to voice your opinion and stand up for what you believe, but when you try and force your opinion on me is where I draw the line. This is one of the things that PETA and its members are notorious for.

Oh, and your little thing with the teeth is rediculous. I can think of about a billion things which would be considered evolution that our body is not designed to do. By your logic, if man were made to fly he would have wings, therefore the invention of the airplane must me de-evolution. Then there are other things like this keyboard I type on which I don't have enough fingers for; maybe Ill evolve some more fingers in the future? Should I go on?

Oh and you never replied to my first comment. You aren't originally from Texas are you? If I had to guess, I would say you live in the Austin area.

Michael
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 12:04:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 12:10:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Fine, nomex suit - check
gloves - check
"agricultural implement" with 15 gal propane tank - check

FLAME ON!!!!!

First of all where are these studies?

There are indeed - remember this is HS biology again - proteins that are present in meat but which are not present in a vegan diet without proper planning. A quick look across vegsource shows a very heightened sensitivity toward what you eat and having the proper diet so as to avoid protein deficiency. I never said you couldn't get proteins, just that you had a harder job to do.

There is no one protein. There are tens of proteins the human body needs(being vague because I'm too lazy to look up the entire number - I do have a life). Most are manufactured by the human body. Some aren't. These we need to intake from other sources - primarily animals. Certain foods are protein rich - like meat. Vegetables are for the most part protein-poor and those few proteins are not present in vegetables except in certain combinations like the once-popular vegetarian alternative of rice and beans. Don't ask me how combining rice and beans gives you something just rice or just beans wouldn't. I'm not a biologist, I just managed to not fall asleep in class.

You eat too much of anything, you'll get sick. Food - any food - in moderation is just fine. Vegetarians are in better health because they have a heightened awareness of what they eat. Ask us all to list everyday what we eat(a standard diet technique) and we'd all be healthier because we'd see how much junk we eat everyday.

We have the long intestines and molars because we are omnivores - we eat everything. Our molars aren't built as sturdily(too little enamel) for the rigorous chewing(lots of silt in veggies) required of an all-vegetable diet. Carnivores need claws because that's what they hunt with. We were smart enough to throw rocks and use clubs(and further refinements on the idea - you know, guns). And while our features aren't as extreme as "fangs" what are those sharp canines doing in the front of your mouth? Works real well on overdone steak.

And by the way, meat => diabetes, arthritis, obesity, athsma, and impotence? Sounds like a scare tactic to me. Studies? show me. Interesting how you don't attribute the studies.

And on a lighter note, SGB, is that weapon inspired by the primary/secondary on the pulse rifle in UT?

Oh by the way, between the last response and this I went off to have a pork chop.
Mmmmmmmmmmm....... tasty!!
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 4:54:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Lets say we disagree on the nutrition issues,
if you don't have to eat meat to have a healthy life but you do anyway, knowing the pain and suffering you cause you are a pretty sorry individual. If you use religion or your view of biology to justify it again you are a sorry & WEAK individual. I don't agree with all that PETA spouts but I don't agree with all the NRA says either. If you do, you are the perfect weak minded little sockpuppet. Enough of this, I felt personally slighted, I said my piece, you said yours. We will have to just disagree.

"A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food;
therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life merely
for the sake  of his appetite. And to act so is immoral."
--Leo Tolstoy
Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character;
and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot
be a good man.
--Arthur Schopenhauer (philosopher)
World Peace

"As long as people will shed the blood of innocent creatures there can be
no peace, no liberty, no harmony between people. Slaughter and justice
cannot dwell together."
--Isaac Bashevis Singer

"Until he extends the circle of compassion to all living things, man will
not himself find peace."
--Albert Schweitzer

"Until we have the courage to recognize cruelty for what it is--whether
its victim is human or animal--we cannot expect things to be much better
in this world... We cannot have peace among men whose hearts delight in
killing any living creature. By every act that glorifies or even tolerates
such moronic delight in killing we set back the progress of humanity."
--Rachel Carson

Suppose that tomorrow a group of beings from another planet were to land
on Earth, beings who considered themselves as superior to you as you feel
yourself to be to other animals. Would they have the right to treat you as
you treat the animals you breed, keep and kill for food?
--John Harris (1946- )

Link Posted: 8/12/2001 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 5:39:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Unbelievable article excect WJR published it.

Link Posted: 8/12/2001 6:23:13 PM EDT
[#40]

well, let's see. hmmmmm. raised on a farm, had meat of some sort everyday. still going strong at 50. grampa smoked and drank. died at 80. grandma made it to 95. egg every morning, lots of meat and coffee. dad is 78 now, still eats meat and coffee, and going strong.
not to mention very few of us would be here to debate this without meat, as our ancestors were hunter gatherers for thousands of years. much longer than we have had the oppertunity to pick and choose what we eat. hunting? well what do you think tags are for? if the herds are not culled, they starve to death. peta? total b.s. a true product of a society that has lost it's backbone. how many critters do you think die everyday just so you CAN choose what you eat? what do most poor people eat in the cities so they can work at minimum wages so you can sit on your ass and pass judgment on the feeding habits of 3/4 of the population of the world? spineless yuppie hypocrite. go whine somewhere else.  by the way, i had hamburger today.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 6:46:54 PM EDT
[#41]
I had a couple of beef taquitos for breakfast, a $.49 cheeseburger from Burger King for lunch and a piece of chicken for dinner. I spent most of the day outside practicing with my new bow to get ready for deer season. Except for when I went to WalMart to buy my combo hunting/fishing license so I don't have to wait for hours the day before dove season starts. Just got off the phone with a friend and we were talking about an annual javelina hunt we are going to this year. He was also telling me about the feral hog he shot last night and was BBQing while we talked.

I can't think of a life without hunting, fishing, taking game and eating meat. Except tomorrow, all I have planned is playing softball. I do however make sure to only buy leather covered balls, not those cheap plastic ones? Would that alone make me a barbarian?

So do people from PETA boycott baseball and football because of the leather coverings? What about tennis since the strings used to be made of animal guts? I wonder how many animals die when the rubber trees are chopped down to make the tires for NASCAR?

Do animal rights activists wear pearls or mow their lawn? What do they think about sterilized medical equipment at the hospital since millions of tiny animals were killed to make it more safe for them? Do they get vaccinations since many of them use dead viruses to be created? What about exterminators if they have roaches or do they just let them be? Do they put chlorine in their pool? What about using Listorine for their bad breath? What do they think about bugs getting smashed on their windshield or ants getting squished on the sidewalk?

Either its ok to kill animals or it isn't. How exactly do they draw the line on what is ok and what isn't? Inquiring minds want to know....

Michael
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 9:19:05 PM EDT
[#43]
I have a solution...

How about we eat this guy and use his bones for soup, only to convince ourselves that meat IS murder.  

One last thing, he mentioned that the ocean is the sharks home...bla bla bla, the shark is just doing its shark thing.  Well, on the same token, when you walk into the AR15 chatroom and claim to be in PETA, don't you think these sharks are going to chew your arm off?  

Don't worry, we'll spit it out, you'll taste too much like mushrooms and alfalfa.
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 9:34:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 10:15:22 PM EDT
[#45]
PETA, they like to say how we should be all animals are equal to people.........nonsense.

Why don't they spend their time trying to teach lions and tigers to be vegetarians. Living in the wild is no day at the beach. Living in the wild can be a hard, vicious existence. I think their view of nature came by watching Disney cartoons.

I notice that most PETA people live in urban areas. Could it be they have no real idea what they are talking about because they have no real life experience?? At least in the area they preach about.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 2:33:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Wasn't it the president of PETA who said the solution to the "human question" was the "phasing out" of the human race.  Interesting.  PETA is made up of people who absolutely hate other humans.  They manifest their hatred by an undue affection and interest in the welfare of animals, while decrying anybody who eats meat, uses animal products, etc.

Animals DO NOT have rights.  They ARE NOT our equals.  They are a resource to be used wisely and not abused.  

In regards to comments regarding vegetarian cultures:  Most suffer from starvation.

Man is an omnivorous.  We are designed (by God for the religious, by evolution for the non-religious) to eat everything.  It is more efficient that way.  We can find food anywhere.  Meat is far superior to vegetables from a nutritional standpoint.  Meat is an essential part of any person's diet, because the nutrition is concentrated.  Certainly, one can survive on a vegetarian diet, and if that is your wish more power to you.  But, your rather childish "My lifestyle is better than yours" tantrum proves only that you are an ass.  

Brooks, Hitler was an avowed vegetarian and animal lover.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 5:15:17 AM EDT
[#47]
I will assure you that the fastest way to kill all the cows on this planet, it to convince everyone that eating them is wrong.  What are cows good for besides eating?  Maybe milk, but According to a Vegan lifestyle, that is right out.

No one has any need for cows, they dissappear or are killed outright by ranchers needing to make room for crops.  You want to make cows extinct, ban their meat.  You want to revive vast populations of endangered animals?  I suggest putting them on the market.

What could be a better solution to the Panda Bear crisis?  A company with $$ in their eyes breeding millions of Panda Bears for supermarket shelves.  I guarantee that as long as people like Panda chops, they will survive in vast numbers.

I wonder what it tastes like...
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 5:26:22 AM EDT
[#48]
we start talking about PETA and it just so happens there is the only guy in the world who belongs to both PETA and the NRA,
View Quote

Ain't happenin'.  No way a person of conscience could belong to both organizations; ideals are too conflicting.  He's either a troll, a liar (troll) or a troll.

Truth be known a large number of PETA members eat meat.  The kind wrapped in Fruit of the Loom.  Funny how liberal organizations and homosexuality fit together so well.  

Eddie
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 5:59:33 AM EDT
[#49]
The reason I don't like PETA people is because they're hypocrites.  

What veggie farmer doesn't use insecticides.

What PETA puke doesn't live in a house that's made of wood that came from a tree that probably housed some cute red squirrel....or their apartment sites on the past breeding grounds of snails and slugs.

Do PETA pricks just let mosquitos suck their blood or do they shoo them away?

Black flies?

BTW the opening article is a joke folks.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 12:28:46 AM EDT
[#50]
I noticed that brookstexas (aka August 12th Troll of the Day) conviently disappeared after this thread basically died.

A member of PETA and the NRA?  Yeah, we believe you jackass.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top