Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 6:23:05 PM EDT
Ok, debated about posting this but I want to see what you all whould have done.

Im currently house sitting in a less nicer part of town, of course I am packing as usuall. About an hour ago I hear a knock at the door, not a normal knock. Bang Bang---pause---bang bang---pause---bang bang. Keep in mind its cold as heck and snowing like a SOB right now, and I am not aware of nor expecting visitors here at all while visiting. First thing I do is mute the TV and go upstairs to grab the Glock (I know I should have it closer, wont happen again). I am not worried about entry while I get the G as I always dead bolt and or lock any door or window--just habit had a house broken into once. Next step was "tactically" look out window and see no one, and no tracks in snow....is that to much? It was early in the night, could have been anyone...broken down motorist...neighbor asking for sugar etc...but my instinct is to grab the gun and peek outside? Kinda interested in input even though it turned out to be just a really odd noise from next door since this is an attached unit, or is this whole topic silly?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:25:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Get your gun first

Then ask who is at the door

Then decide whats next from the answer you get

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Ya did good, next time have the glock a little closer
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:31:35 PM EDT
[#3]
First I'd look up the definition of "Paragragh".

How does one "Tactically" look out of a window?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:36:47 PM EDT
[#4]
install a peep hole.

That, and keep a gun handy.

DAMN, I'm really tempted to make a hand grenade joke right now.....
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:37:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Nothing, knocking is not a crime in progress.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:38:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ya did good, next time have the glock a little closer

+1
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
First I'd look up the definition of "Paragragh".

How does one "Tactically" look out of a window?

This isint gramer school for one
And what I mean is, looking out the window while holding a firearm in such a way as to cause the person behind door (since the door is next to window) to be drawn down on if needed, not point out window, but looking out sneeky like while armed and ready to pounce....Jeeeesh.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:40:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Terrible response.

You should have grabbed a 1911.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:42:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Peep holes dont do crap when its iced over, but yes I looked through it first.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:43:16 PM EDT
[#10]
LOL, I know I want a 1911, can I have yours?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:53:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Given the history of the area, I would not bet my life on it. Most people dont take 30 seconds to knock in a pattern. Besides thats not the point, it turned out to be some crazy noise next door that SOUNDED like it came from my door. Im trying to figure out if Im to paranoid or not.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:03:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Terrible response.

You should have grabbed a 1911.

i like this response  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:07:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Tell that to my duplex mates who went to answer the door after someone knocked.  The guy strong armed his way in and ended up stabbing one of the residents.  I never answer a knock with anything less than my Beretta in hand, and have been known to keep my Moss590 at the door when needed (especially after curfew following Hurricane Wilma)
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:15:30 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell that to my duplex mates who went to answer the door after someone knocked.  The guy strong armed his way in and ended up stabbing one of the residents.  I never answer a knock with anything less than my Beretta in hand, and have been known to keep my Moss590 at the door when needed (especially after curfew following Hurricane Wilma)

If you aren't suspecting someone, it should make you suspicious.  My mom was assaulted that way.  And breakins don't always happen in "those" nieghborhoods.  Those sort of peopl know where the rich people live.  I have had someone come to the door at 11pm wanting to sell deercorn!  I think you did the right thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top