Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 5:56:34 PM EDT

Publish Date: 2/15/2006

Cheney reaction? Girl accidentally shoots boyfriend

Lafayette resident Josh Kayser chuckled Monday afternoon when he read about Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shooting a friend during a quail hunt over the weekend.

A few hours later, paramedics rushed Kayser, 21, to the hospital after his girlfriend accidentally shot him while they were trailing a raccoon.

“I read that thing about the vice president and said to myself ‘How can you shoot your friend with your gun?’ And look what happened,” he said Tuesday.

Kayser and his 17-year-old girlfriend spent Monday night hunting raccoons that had been preying on chicken’s on his family’s property on the 2300 block of 95th Street north of Lafayette.

At about 9:30 p.m., Kayser crouched down to look under a shed where he thought a wounded raccoon was hiding. His girlfriend, whom police did not identify, crouched down behind Kayser and accidentally shot him with a .22-caliber rifle.

He felt blood running down his neck.

The bullet entered behind his right ear, came out his chin and lodged in his left forearm.

Paramedics took him to Avista Adventist Hospital, where he spent the night.

Doctors opted to leave the bullet in his arm for fear of causing nerve damage if they tried to remove it.

“I feel fine,” Kayser said. “It feels like a cigarette burn.”

Doctors discharged Kayser from the hospital at noon Tuesday.

Investigators decided not to pursue charges against Kayser’s girlfriend.

http://www.longmontfyi.com/region-story.asp?ID=6219
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#1]
haliburton paid him to stage this shooting.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:59:03 PM EDT
[#2]
HA HA  I need that Nelson pic.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:59:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Youth and inexperience on her part: She's supposed to kill him AFTER he's raised another man's kid for her.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:01:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I demand an immediate investigation, as well as a determination of how long it took to be reported to the media, and a televised apology. I expect a grand-jury to be empaneled tonight to determine if manslaughter charges are appropriate.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:01:32 PM EDT
[#5]

The bullet entered behind his right ear, came out his chin and lodged in his left forearm.

dang, thats a lot of  penetration...

dude's lucky to be alive
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:02:33 PM EDT
[#6]
How long are we gonna hear about this? We probably wont see it on the news, but Cheyneys incedent is a national conspiracy.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#7]
MAAAANNNN!!! If she was a good gal I'd keep her, but some MANDITORY S.I.I.H.P. would be in order (Sorry, I have had a few beers) ....But honey, it might hurt to try that.......... Oh yeah, as much as getting shot?....well when you put it that way baby....
I'm sick, sorry. I'd take a .22 round for that though
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:02:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Uh where is the SAFETY?

Oh wait she had a Glock............
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:02:41 PM EDT
[#9]
That's too bad. On a similar note: I wish I had a girlfriend that would go out and shoot with me like that. OK, maybe not like that! But you know what I mean . . .
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:04:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I think we need pics of the girl.

17 is legal in some states
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top