Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 5:31:19 PM EDT
How do I get pictures from my phone onto my computer?  I've got it plugged into the USB cable and have enabled it as a hard drive, but I can't find the pictures.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:39:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I do. Liking mine so far.

The way you get them is you goto My Computer, then Removable Disk. Removable Disk should appear when you plug in the phone, as well as a big pop up that asks how you want to access the device. Once the window for removable disk is open, goto "mobile" and then "picture." The phone should be saving all the pictures to this folder, provided you have installed an extra memory chip (tiny ass thing with contacts that goes in the right side of the phone.)

ETA: If you're running windows XP SP2, you shouldn't need anything on the included CD to access or even detect the phone. It should behave just like a USB thumb drive. Your phone will also charge while plugged into the USB. :]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:05:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I do. Liking mine so far.

The way you get them is you goto My Computer, then Removable Disk. Removable Disk should appear when you plug in the phone, as well as a big pop up that asks how you want to access the device. Once the window for removable disk is open, goto "mobile" and then "picture." The phone should be saving all the pictures to this folder, provided you have installed an extra memory chip (tiny ass thing with contacts that goes in the right side of the phone.)

ETA: If you're running windows XP SP2, you shouldn't need anything on the included CD to access or even detect the phone. It should behave just like a USB thumb drive. Your phone will also charge while plugged into the USB. :]

That's what I thought, but they aren't showing up there and the photos that I copied and pasted into that folder aren't showing up on the phone.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:14:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Try this on the phone:
Settings -> Connectivity -> USB -> Default Connection: -> Memory Card

then enter camera mode

Menu button (top middle) -> second option down should be etheir phone memory or memory card.

If you installed a memory card, set it to memory card. If you haven't, then go back to the first part under connectivity and set it to phone memory

If that doesn't work, maybe it was locked out by your service provider. I've heard some of them are doing this to the Bluetooth so people have to use their ringtone service. They might be doing it to USB as well...

ETA: You tried the built in "Bank" feature? It's pretty sweet... Lets you store stuff with password protection inside the phone, like CC#'s and passwords. Been using it to store a bunch of different Microsoft CD keys I need for my job. Nice to know I have access to them, but if my phone was lost or stolen they wouldn't be readily available to someone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top