Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 4:40:25 PM EDT
What's the deal?

...90 feet, 28 gauge, knocks the guy down, fairly small pattern, multiple penetration of organs, (larynx, liver, etc...).  What is the velocity of birdshot at that distance?  Is this plausible?

I don't know shit about bird hunting, but it seems to me that that's pretty impressive for 90 feet.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:42:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:42:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:46:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:49:38 PM EDT
[#4]

If "He's not as bad as Ted Kennedy" is the best you can do, you're in deep.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:51:17 PM EDT
[#5]
IBTL
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:45:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't think it knocked him down by force of impact.  He was 78, probably fell from the shock.    And for that tight a pattern, from what I've seen I bet he was much closer.  That's a pretty tight pattern and shooting upland birds with a 28 gauge I would expect the pattern to be much larger.

After all you want to just barely kill the bird, you don't want to explode it in a puff of smoke like a clay bird.  You want to have enough to eat and not have to spend all night picking pellets out.

If they were in a line and Cheney ws on the left and had been told he was the last on the left and his buddy was in fact coming up on the left flank, he might not have been expecting him there as he turned as he was leading the bird.  Probably should have been coming back up in the middle.

then again the decision was there

bird? lawyer?  bird?  lawyer?  bird? Lawyeeerrrrr!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:53:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Not to mention it was past sunset by ten minutes.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

With the guy walking out of that sunset... blaze orange is actually going to hurt in that situation.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:59:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

So, legal hunting in Texas is until 30 minutes AFTER sunset.

What exactly is your point?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, legal hunting in Texas is until 30 minutes AFTER sunset.

What exactly is your point?

Same in TN... 30 minutes after sunset.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:15:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top