Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 1:22:46 PM EDT
I have 2 new ones: 9mm SFS and 40 regular.

Why get two?  I dunno.

How come the grips shift around a little?

I'd tighten the screw but I'm afraid I'll strip it if i go any tighter.

How come the slide release catch is so hard to press down on the 40S&W version?  My thumb is sore already.  Is there a bigger button available?

What can I do to help the trigger out? Heavy & very gritty.

The SFS system on the 9mm is kind of nifty.  Not bad for a useless gimmick.

I like the guns so far but they need a little help.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:28:02 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

How come the grips shift around a little?

Ditch the factory grips and get Pachmayr wraparounds.

How come the slide release catch is so hard to press down on the 40S&W version?  My thumb is sore already.  Is there a bigger button available?

It's a slide stop, not a slide release.  Use the slingshot method to chamber a round.

What can I do to help the trigger out? Heavy & very gritty.

You disable the magazine safety or you can polish the front of the magazine.  It will smooth out a bit after some use as well.  Cylinder and Slide does action jobs on HiPowers.

The SFS system on the 9mm is kind of nifty.  Not bad for a useless gimmick.

A solution looking for a problem, but to each his own.

I like the guns so far but they need a little help.

Put a couple hundred rounds through them before you start tinkering.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:28:56 PM EDT
[#2]
learn to pull the slide instead of dropping the slide with the slide stop, or get an extended one from cylinder and slide(use google)

remove the magazine safeties for better triggers.

no idea as to why your grips are shifting, but you might just need to snug down the screws a tad more.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:35:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The grips shift around a little because of the slight differences in tolerances between the forged frames (original design) and the newer cast frames. Most grip makers based their designs on forged frames.

All your questions can be answered here:

Hi Powers and Handguns
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:04:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Love Them Hi-Powers!!!

Semper Fi,
M60-E4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top