Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2001 5:28:15 PM EDT

I've heard other people here talk about it, but this has never happened to me before.
When I came to the site a few minutes ago I thought my PC went crazy! There's not a single word in any of the forums here, EVERYTHING IS BLACK! All I can see are the icons, & a few white lines. I have to highlight the entire page to (just barely) read anything. After the requisite jokes, can someone PLEASE tell me WTF happened, & WTF I can do about it???
(in words that I can understand - I'm not a very good geek)
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 5:49:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Clear your cache.
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 5:58:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Nuke communications.  Just kidding, you may have 'the black lick' a very dangerous computer  virus.  [smoke]
Link Posted: 8/11/2001 7:06:24 PM EDT
[#3]
 Clear your cache.
View Quote

Thanks GW, that's the first thing I did (Then I did it again, and again, and again,,,,)
I even tried Goatboy's trick of making sure there's only one browser open, then slamming that one shut. Nothing seems to work.

WADA Godamn nightmare! I've got the night off, so I figured I'd stay at home, & hang around here tonight.  

I know this has happened to a couple dozen people, somebody must've figured out how to get out of this mess (or did they just wander off?), the info would be GREATLY appreciated!

Link Posted: 8/12/2001 2:41:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone? Anything? Just a hint? A wild guess?

I also keep getting this error message whenever a page opens:
[b]Microsoft JScript compilation error
[Line: 231] Expected ';'
javascript:window.open("topic.html?id=43750","_top");----------^[/b]
Link Posted: 8/12/2001 3:18:32 PM EDT
[#5]
the message reads as though the javaScript engine within the nrowser is misreading/processing bits.  BEcasue this is embedded in your browser you will probably have to downoad a fresh one.

What are you using?  IE netscape or opera?

Anyhow, no one like to download a new copy but that is what I would do.  You will want to uninstall the current version before you add the new one.

Hope that helps.

Zaz
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top