Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 9:04:06 AM EDT
In another thread I asked what you do with your guns when your child has a friend over... It got me thinking. I live in what I would call "sparse urban" area. Meaning that it feels kind of like a city, certainly not rural, but it is rural 30 minutes drive away. I'd say many many people that live here are used to guns but certainly not everyone and it's not like people are as comfortable seeing guns all throughout the day like in the country. So basically, if you go to your country house with your child (lets say 8-12 years old) and one of his/her friends do you bust out the guns and have a good day of shooting with them? Let's assume the other child comes from a family that doesn't have any guns and has never held one before and you have no idea what the parents are like with regard to firearms. Do you call the parents first and ask their permission to allow their son to fire off some mean looking black rifles? Personally it is none of my business if the other parents want to raise another sheep into this world but I'd prefer not to piss of some other parents or cause the kid to not be allowed to play with my own kid.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:06:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Ask the kids parents.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I have three kids, oldest is 6 years of age.

I would already know the kid's father well enough in advance of the kid going on any trip with me and my kid. That is, I would already know  the father's view on the subject.

Know your kid's friends and their parents.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top