Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 7:58:11 AM EDT
I ended up meeting up with a friend, and some of her co-workers at a Karaoke bar last night.   We are all sitting around drinking and generally shooting the shit when the subject of politics and gun ownership came up.  We are all for the most part typically in agreement about everything with the exception of one flaming homosexual guy.  He said that he supports full ban on ownership of all firearms because stupid people with guns kill people, and that he beleives that the 2nd is totally outdated and unneccessary.

My response was lets logically look at somethings here, in the State of Tn we enacted a handgun carry permit system our violent crime rate has dropped drastically since we enacted the permit system.  England called for a total ban on gun ownership, and they got what they asked for, since that time, gun crimes may have gone down however every other violent crime has gone up.  I have the facts to back up both of these statements and if you are willing to look it up I will give you the sources.  They aren't just from the NRA whom you believe to be evil.  California, New Jersey, New York City, Ma, and Washington D.C., have the most restrictive gun ownership laws in the country, however consequesntly they also have some of the highest violent crime rates as well.

If you could go back in time, and talk to the founding fathers they would say that the 2nd is the most important ammendment in the B.O.R.  A country that lays down its arms, will become slaves.  Go back to Germany in the early 40s and watch what happens when you lay down your arms.  Historically speaking the most atrocities occur when a people willingly accepts slavery by laying down their arms.  Take a look at any research document at any government atrocity, and you will see that just before it occured the people of that government allowed themselves to be disarmed.  

He obviously of course switched the subject onto Gay Marriage and the 1st ammendment, which is ok because I kept hammering.  I asked him that if he feels that being outwardly gay is protected by the 1st Ammendment, his response of course it is.  Once again what protects your right to free speech other than a document.  You want gay marriage I want the right as a law abiding citizen to own an MP5.  Why do you feel that your right is more important than mine.  

His arguments were all moot and when I asked him to cite sources for his arguments, he said they were just the way that he feels.  Ok well I can cite my sources, when you have a legitimate arguement in which you can cite sources let me know until then become educated.  

I got two things out of this both of the girls that were there asked me if I would take them shooting, and one of the girls asked me when I was going to take her out.  

Oh yeah and the stupid liberal doesn't even like Frank Sinatra.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:02:41 AM EDT
[#1]

You're such a homophobic gay-basher.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:05:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Way to go  

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:07:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Liberal HATE facts.

My Libtard Gay Brother still won't speak to me. I asked him who he wanted on the train with him when Colin Feurgeson stood up with a gun. Me with my cocked and locked 1911 full of 230gr JHP's in my briefcase or Sarah Brady with her briefcase full of her latest legislation? He said "If you had the prescence of mind to act you might have stopped him, but I doubt it. "Precesnece of mind?" I shot back" I been training my adult life for a moment like that. I would act and I have the WILL TO WIN!" He decended into the typical Liberal namecalling and changing of the subject.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:10:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Of course not!
He prefers Cher, Bette Midler and Streisand.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:10:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

At one point I think he was trying to get me to Gay bash because he kept bashing on the conservative party, not anything with inteligence, just stupid crap.  I really really tried hard not to gay bash, as what would it have accomplished, I do think he was a little pissed off that I was macking on the girl that he came with and he had nobody to whine to.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:11:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Nothing like taking the bliss away from the ignorant.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:12:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:13:52 AM EDT
[#8]
FFS, Amendment only has two Ms in it.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:16:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:29:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

That really caught me off guard.

I'll have to remember that.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:35:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Liberal HATE facts.

My Libtard Gay Brother still won't speak to me. I asked him who he wanted on the train with him when pack his sorry ass off to the camps. Just for company of course.. Me with my cocked and locked 1911 full of 230gr JHP's in my briefcase Will have already shot my captors and escaped to fight again. or Sarah Brady with her briefcase full of her latest legislation? He said "If you had the prescence of mind to act you might have stopped him, but I doubt it. "Precesnece of mind?" I shot back" I been training my adult life for a moment like that. I would act and I have the WILL TO WIN!" He decended into the typical Liberal namecalling and changing of the subject.

Fixed.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:36:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

You were speaking with a Liberal.  Gay or not, the simple concepts of preparedness, presence of mind ( we call it situational awareness, its a technical term ) and will to win, are compeletely foreign concepts.  He does not have them, has no idea what they are, and presumes most people are like him and don't have them either.

Sadly, neither does most of society.  

It's why we're in, as a country, the sad state that we are.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:38:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

It's a wonderful feeling giving someone the red pill.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:39:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:40:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Who is dumber, a liberal, or a gay liberal?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:44:15 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have the WILL TO WIN

Fuck yeah. That's the shit right there.

I know that if SHTF I may not win, but I will by God try to win. I will not cower and beg for my life.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:46:06 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Who is dumber, a liberal, or a gay liberal?

A Liberal. Lotsa Gays are liberal just to get laid. I work with a Gay who is conservitive and has a hard time dating.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:05:26 AM EDT
[#18]
The only reason that I even mentioned that the guy was gay was the 1st amendment freedom of expression arguement that came up.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:08:29 AM EDT
[#19]

that's man-card revoking material right there.    hell, all the other stuff was too.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:13:22 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

that's man-card revoking material right there.    hell, all the other stuff was too.  

yeah, the man-card was revoked way before he didn't like frank sinatra.  it got put thru the TS-approved shredder when he decided he would rather let a guy pump his anal cavity full of daddy juice.  that's pretty much where the man-card went byebye.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:13:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Can you tell if a person is gay, just by looking at them?

Like, if you saw a older, fat, gay man, in a beat up Ford Taurus... driving drunk, hitting things in the road and swerving....  would you know if he was gay or not?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:14:10 AM EDT
[#22]
I have heard the old "the 2nd Amendment is outdated because the Founding Fathers could not envision the types of guns we have now" bullshit.

I have countered it with "They also could not have foreseen the internet, TV, radio, and other mass media so, using your logic, the 1st Amendment is outdated as well".

They never seem to have  comeback for that one.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:18:42 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Like, if you saw a older, fat, gay man, in a beat up Ford Taurus... driving drunk, hitting things in the road and swerving....  would you know if he was gay or not?

Probably not but why does it matter?  It doesn't the fact that he was gay has nothing to do with the conversation.  I could care less wether or not somebody chooses to be gay that is their perogative, however don't try to through the 1st amendment in there to try and throw me off balance.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:19:34 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

It depends.  Does he have a lisp?  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:21:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:25:47 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Is this a trick question?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:53:02 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
[You were speaking with a Liberal.  Gay or not, the simple concepts of preparedness, presence of mind ( we call it situational awareness, its a technical term ) and will to win, are compeletely foreign concepts.  He does not have them, has no idea what they are, and presumes most people are like him and don't have them either.

Very well said.  This is exactly the problem.  

FB
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:36:19 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

In a Taurus, no.  Driving a Miata, YES!  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:44:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:50:19 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

At one point I think he was trying to get me to Gay bash because he kept bashing on the conservative party, not anything with inteligence, just stupid crap.  I really really tried hard not to gay bash, as what would it have accomplished, I do think he was a little pissed off that I was macking on the girl that he came with and he had nobody to whine to.

My wifes gay friend does the safe thing.  I don't talk politics around him but he loves telling me all about his.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:52:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Would you please list the sources so I can be as well informed.  Those are some good points to bring up.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:53:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Colin Ferguson=the Long Island Railroad train shooter?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:59:52 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I have heard the old "the 2nd Amendment is outdated because the Founding Fathers could not envision the types of guns we have now" bullshit.

I have countered it with "They also could not have foreseen the internet, TV, radio, and other mass media so, using your logic, the 1st Amendment is outdated as well".

They never seem to have  comeback for that one.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:03:08 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

hr

My sentiments exactly.

I got to put a libbie in his place.  I can't say that he was gay, but he did smell like granola and I could've sworn he was wearing Birkenstocks.

It's such a warm and fuzzy feeling to know that you've just crushed everything he believes in. hough.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:07:09 PM EDT
[#35]
With out the 2nd there would not be a 1st.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:07:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Not to get off topic, but I recently had dinner with my parents, another couple and a girl who is friends of the family.

Wife, parents and I =  Gun Loving, Baby Loving, Freedom Loving Conservatives
Friend and Other couple = Bush hating, gun hating, Christian hating Liberals.

The converstation rocked and the libs left totally owned.
It was bliss.

FACTS WORK. They cannot argue in facts, only in conclusions.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:16:26 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

IIRC, yes.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:26:55 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IIRC, yes.

That's who I thought.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:27:56 PM EDT
[#39]
You're my hero... rock on.  I get too mad when talkin' to liberals and can't think straight.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:15:42 PM EDT
[#40]
at a Karaoke bar last night

I quit reading at that point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top