Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 4:43:19 AM EDT
I just got a Compa Ipaq 3870 from a buddy.  It won't power up, so I'm guessing it needs a battery.  Is this thing worth putting any money in, and if so, what do you guys use them for, besides the normal PDA stuff, calendars, etc?

Thanks!

Michael
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:49:57 AM EDT
[#1]
i don't have a ipaq.  but i use my several year old palm for exbal

i don't know how much it originally was.  but with electronics you can usually get a newer better, faster one alot cheaper than what you paid for that one
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:50:29 AM EDT
[#2]
It's not really what we use them for, it is what you would use it for. take the battery out and plug it into the charger, see if it will power up, if it does then replacing the battery should work. If it doesn't then you might spend a lot of $$$$ for nothing.

dave
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:30:37 AM EDT
[#3]
It was free, my spendthrift buddy got a new Dell Axim
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top