Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 8:55:06 PM EDT

Dear JustinOK34,

Upon completion of the background investigation concerning your application for a Self Defense Act License (OK's Concealed Carry License), it has been determined that you are eligible for the license.  Your license has been mailed to your sheriff's office.  Please contact that office as to when you may pick up your license.  If you have any questions please contact the OSBI at xxx-xxxx.

Thank You,

Oklahoma Self Defense Act-Licensing Unit

(only took 3 months from when I mailed everything in)
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:21:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Went to the Sheriff's office and picked it up this afternoon.     Ahhh, where should I carry first?  Wally world???

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:23:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Went to the Sheriff's office and picked it up this afternoon.     Ahhh, where should I carry first?  Wally world???

Dont carry at wallyworld,you might give in to temptation.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:25:09 PM EDT
[#3]
All i got when I got mine was a phonecall, come and get it
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Dont carry at wallyworld,you might give in to temptation.

That's funny.... I think because of the element of truth behind it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:30:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats!  Ain't it a shame that someone has to judge you eligible to exercise your Constitutional rights?

Woody
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:38:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Congrats, though I wish you're processing was quicker.  New Hampshire took me 1 day, and that was just because they mailed it to me instead of me picking it up at the police station.  When I lived in  Mass it was a painfully long wait and a course that was completely useless.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:44:31 PM EDT
[#7]
When I was in Alaska we didn't even need a permit (as long as we were outside city limits).

I think last year or so they said you don't need a permit within city limits either!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:45:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Congrats!  Ain't it a shame that someone has to judge you eligible to exercise your Constitutional rights?

Woody

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top