Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 7:01:30 PM EDT
And I'm lovin' it!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:10:14 PM EDT
[#1]
you know why i like Bodie? because he dont give a crap what you think
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:14:22 PM EDT
[#2]
If that were all it took to be admirable, then we'd be hurting.  Bode Miller just makes the US look like idiots who can't control their mouths and respect the serious of the competition.
He enjoys the spotlight, and doesn't give a damn if the games are overshadowed.  If that's worthy of respect, then there are dozens of NBA players who should also be personal heroes.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:15:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If that were all it took to be admirable, then we'd be hurting.  Bode Miller just makes the US look like idiots who can't control their mouths and respect the serious of the competition.
He enjoys the spotlight, and doesn't give a damn if the games are overshadowed.  If that's worthy of respect, then there are dozens of NBA players who should also be personal heroes.

Well said. He has no class.

From a previous thread:

I have competed at the world level twice on the Canadian Skydiving Team. When you are selected to represent your country it's a honor that many aspire to and few achieve. It's not to be taken lightly, so lightly that you dont do everything in your power to win or at least show your absolute best.

Bode Miller looked like he couldnt give a shit and he never even showed up to walk the course. His effort was half assed, disrespecting the people back home who helped put him there, USAC, his sponsors, his coaches, his teammates, the other Olympic athletes, the taxpayers who paid his way, and last but certainly not the least, his fans. If that isn't arrogance, I don't know what is.

If I was in charge, he'd be sent home.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top