Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 5:49:16 PM EDT
Cracked open a bag of Jack Links around 9:20.

It's gone already.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes it is.   Wish it wasn't so expensive.  Might as well be on crack.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:40:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, I opened a BIG bag this afternoon, and even with DELIBERATE effort to not eat it all, I still did
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:24:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Timely thread.  I am eating an 8 ounce bag of Wal-Mart "Great Value" peppered jerky.  My mouth is burning but I almost have it killed off.

I LOVE beef jerky.  I keep 2 big bags in my desk at work.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:29:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Next time I make a batch of Buffalo Jerky, I'll let you know
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:20:09 PM EDT
[#5]
the best jerky is prepared by ex-airforce seals, using a secret recipe of spices that's only taught at fort benning, Ga. thankfully the walmart brand is a close 2nd.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:26:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Oberto outlet store "original thin style" bits and pieces $3 a pound.

The Oberto stuff with the wheat gluten in it sucks, it's only the thin style that's good.

Homemade elk jerky is the best though.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:32:34 PM EDT
[#7]
That stuff is the worst crap meat around. That being said, I'm hungry for some White Castle. MMMM!  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:34:32 PM EDT
[#8]
A gorcery store near me is selling beef jerky for $9.99/lb. I am psyched, but my gut is fearful.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:54:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I make my own, got the supplies at my local wallworld. I use 96% lean hamburger and the stuff rocks. You would never guess it was hamburger though, cost me less than $4 a pound. Any cheap dehydrator will work or just set your oven to 140 degrees. The kit and the seasoning is usually located in the same spot as the dehydrators, or go here and check it out.

www.nesco.com
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:49:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I make my own, got the supplies at my local wallworld. I use 96% lean hamburger and the stuff rocks. You would never guess it was hamburger though, cost me less than $4 a pound. Any cheap dehydrator will work or just set your oven to 140 degrees. The kit and the seasoning is usually located in the same spot as the dehydrators, or go here and check it out.

www.nesco.com

+1

I used a Nesco, the Jerky Works gun, lean hamburger, parts is parts, with good results

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:56:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Next time I make a batch of Buffalo Jerky, I'll let you know

keep it below what the stores gouge us for and you'll make a mint!

they had a show on the history channel how this stuff is made, very labor intensive! they showed 'em running it off the cutting line into these huge baskets and all i could do was drool over the thought of just grabbing big armfulls of jerky!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top