Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2006 3:55:57 PM EDT
This should pretty much end the discussion about whether a wall WILL or WILL NOT work to stop illegals

If it was not expected to work VERY WELL these ELEVEN COUNTRIES would not be THIS WORRIED about it..........

Latin America to protest US bill
2-14-06
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4712794.stm
Officials from 11 Latin American countries have agreed a coordinated lobbying campaign against a tougher immigration bill in the US.
At a meeting in Colombia they said they were concerned about the bill, being debated in the US Senate, and wanted jointly to promote Hispanic migration.

The US proposal backs a 1,130-km (700-mile) fence on the Mexican border.

Washington has accused Mexico of not doing enough to stem the flow of illegal immigrants into the US.

Correspondents say that every day an estimated 1,500 Latin Americans, mostly Mexicans, cross into the US illegally.

Campaign

The 11 countries meeting in the seaside resort city of Cartagena were Mexico, the Central American nations, plus Colombia, Ecuador and the Dominican Republic.

Officials decided to send a mission to Washington next week to identify key US lawmakers on the immigration debate, Salvadoran Foreign Minister Francisco Lainez said.

Latin American governments would urge US legislators to change or defeat the bill that has already been passed by the US House of Representatives.

The lobbying campaign will use all diplomatic channels, as well as churches, charities and chambers of commerce, officials said.

President George W Bush has stressed that "border security must adapt to the nation's changing needs".

But Colombian Foreign Minister Carolina Barco said it was essential for Americans to understand how much Hispanic workers contributed to the economy.

The US bill also covers the use of troops and police to halt migrants, and tighter employment controls.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:58:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Would they prefer mines?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:59:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Me thinks they doth protest too much...
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:01:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:01:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

But Colombian Foreign Minister Carolina Barco said it was essential for Americans to understand how much Hispanic workers contributed to the economy.

Tell that to my friend who just had his work truck totaled by an illegal alien.  Where is the contribution there barco?  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:05:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
This should pretty much end the discussion about whether a wall WILL or WILL NOT work to stop illegals

If it was not expected to work VERY WELL these ELEVEN COUNTRIES would not be THIS WORRIED about it..........

Latin America to protest US bill
2-14-06
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4712794.stm
Officials from 11 Latin American countries have agreed a coordinated lobbying campaign against a tougher immigration bill in the US.
At a meeting in Colombia they said they were concerned about the wall bill, being debated in the US Senate, and wanted jointly to promote Hispanic illegal migration.

The US proposal backs a 1,130-km (700-mile) fence on the Mexican border.

Washington has accused Mexico of not doing anything enough to stem the flow of illegal immigrants into the US.

Correspondents say that every day an estimated 1,500 Latin Americans, mostly Mexicans, cross into the US illegally.

Campaign

The 11 countries meeting in the seaside resort city of Cartagena were Mexico, the Central American nations, plus Colombia, Ecuador and the Dominican Republic.

Officials decided to send a mission to Washington next week to identify key US lawmakers on the immigration debate, Salvadoran Foreign Minister Francisco Lainez said.

Latin American governments would bribe urge US legislators to change or defeat the bill that has already been passed by the US House of Representatives.

The lobbying campaign will use all diplomatic channels, as well as churches, charities and chambers of commerce, officials said.

President George W Bush has stressed that "border security must adapt to the nation's changing needs".   (To read:  "when the people tell me I am screwing up enough")

But Colombian Foreign Minister Carolina Barco said it was essential for Americans to understand how much money illegal aliens bring back to their home countries to prop up their corrupt governments   Hispanic workers contributed to the economy.

The US bill also covers the use of troops and police to halt migrants, and tighter employment controls. (To read:  "ok, that's twice we caught you...staaaaahhhhp please")

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:06:51 PM EDT
[#6]
uh....we still have an unemployment rate....right?

Bush has failed us here..........

-HS
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:09:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Me thinks they doth protest too much...

Actually, the day they don't protest is when it will be spooky.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:21:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell that to my friend who just had his work truck totaled by an illegal alien.  Where is the contribution there barco?  

I think the contribution they are talking about is the cocaine, marijuana and meth they sell here
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:25:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Hmmmm..............I wonder if they are talking about "the wall"

Chavez says US won't get oil if it "crosses line"
Feb 17, 2006
Reuters
today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyID=2006-02-18T011245Z_01_N17227786_RTRUKOC_0_US-VENEZUELA-USA-OIL.xml&archived=False
CARACAS, Venezuela (Reuters) - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez warned on Friday the U.S. government would not get any more Venezuelan oil if Washington "crosses the line" and said he had started taking measures in preparation.

Chavez, a left-winger increasingly at odds with Washington and who has previously warned the United States over its oil supplies, did not say what measures he had taken or what action by the U.S. government would force such a move.

"The U.S. government should know that if they cross the line they will not have any Venezuelan oil," Chavez said at a public event. "I have started taking measures in that respect, I'm not going to say what."

Venezuela, the world's fifth-biggest oil exporter, supplies about 15 percent of U.S. energy imports.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:48:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Oh fuck them.  Build the wall, make sure to use plenty of concertina or razer wire to make climbing it harder, add cameras and motion sensors, plus nice bright lights.  At least a hundred meters of cleared space on each side to make hiding harder.  Better yet, paved on each side for a hundred meters so that it can be patrolled by vehicle easier.  And most definately add a lot more people to actually patrol and intercept illegals, and smugglers.  Then charge their government for the cost of sending them home.  At the typical government contractor rate.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:59:34 AM EDT
[#11]
They're only coming to smuggle the drugs/illegal weapons/underage sex slaves and commit the robberies/fraud/rapes/murders that lazy Americans won't.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:08:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hmmmm..............I wonder if they are talking about "the wall"

Chavez says US won't get oil if it "crosses line"
Feb 17, 2006
Reuters
today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyID=2006-02-18T011245Z_01_N17227786_RTRUKOC_0_US-VENEZUELA-USA-OIL.xml&archived=False
CARACAS, Venezuela (Reuters) - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez warned on Friday the U.S. government would not get any more Venezuelan oil if Washington "crosses the line" and said he had started taking measures in preparation.

Chavez, a left-winger increasingly at odds with Washington and who has previously warned the United States over its oil supplies, did not say what measures he had taken or what action by the U.S. government would force such a move.

"The U.S. government should know that if they cross the line they will not have any Venezuelan oil," Chavez said at a public event. "I have started taking measures in that respect, I'm not going to say what."

Venezuela, the world's fifth-biggest oil exporter, supplies about 15 percent of U.S. energy imports.

Has he learned nothing from Panama?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:14:16 AM EDT
[#13]
I did not know they were debating a bill to build a wall.

Build the Wall!!

Any legislator that votes against this bill should be sent packing in 2006.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:15:24 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't care if we turn our sothern border into a recreation of the Atlantic Wall, ten times over.

BUILD IT!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:18:03 AM EDT
[#15]
If these governmen are bitching this much about it, the wall must be a good idea.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:25:51 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I don't care if we turn our sothern border into a recreation of the Atlantic Wall, ten times over.

BUILD IT!

Add the Maginot Line as a second line of defense  At least we know where the enemy's going to come from...
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:27:26 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BUILD IT!

Add the Maginot Line as a second line of defense  At least we know where the enemy's going to come from...

And mine the fracking river while we're at it!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:29:41 AM EDT
[#18]
tag
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:29:45 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BUILD IT!

And mine the fracking river while we're at it!

And to top that off...

fill the river with sharks with friggin lazer beams on their friggin heads.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:20:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
They're only coming to smuggle the drugs/illegal weapons/underage sex slaves/terrorists and commit the robberies/fraud/tax evasion/ rapes/kidnappingsmurders/child molesting that lazy Americans won't.

I added a few
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:27:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

And to top that off...

fill the river with sharks with friggin lazer beams on their friggin heads.

One final step:

Kill Chavez. Send in a SPECOPS sniper team and remove him. Hell, send a Tomahawk if you have to, but he MUST BE REMOVED! NOW!

Oh, and do Castro while you're at it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top